If you’re suffering from hiatal hernia but the high cost of the requisite treatment is preventing you from getting some respite right away, then affordable hiatal hernia surgery in Mexico might be what you need. Electing to undergo surgery for hiatal hernia in Mexico can alleviate your pain and at the same time, give you huge savings. It doesn’t matter whether the protrusion is sliding or para-esophageal, hiatal hernia surgery cost in Mexico will still be very easy on your pocket.
What is Hiatal Hernia?
- A patient has a hiatal hernia when the upper portion of the stomach protrudes into the thorax through a weakness in the diaphragm.
- There are many suspected causes of hiatal hernia, including obesity, pregnancy, poor seated posture, constipation or straining during bowel movements, frequent coughing, smoking, heredity, and congenital defects.
- This type of hernia is usually asymptomatic. However, some patients may experience symptoms such as heartburn, vomiting, gastric reflux, frequent hiccups, discomfort or pain in the stomach or esophagus, unexplained coughing, and difficulty in swallowing.
- Some lifestyle and diet changes and medication may be enough to relieve the symptoms of sliding hernia, but para-esophageal hernia may require early surgical intervention to avoid serious complications. For great cost savings, patients can avail of hiatal hernioplasty in Mexico.
Advantages of Availing Hiatal Hernia Surgery in Mexico
- Hiatal hernia repair prices in Mexico are quite low compared to what patients would pay were the same procedure to be performed in the United States, Canada, or any other developed country of the world. The low cost of medical treatments in Mexico is the main factor pulling thousands of medical tourists to this country every year, particularly those from the US and Canada.
- The affordability of treatments, including hiatal, inguinal, and umbilical hernia surgery in Mexico, may be attributed to the low cost of living in the North American country. A lot of patients have been visiting different cities in Mexico to take advantage of various easy-on-the-pocket treatments – right from hysterectomy surgery in Ciudad Juarez, breast augmentation in Cancun to gastric bypass surgery in Guadalajara. Other Mexican cities which serve as popular medical tourism destinations with medical tourists are Tijuana and Puerto Vallarta.
- Mexico’s close proximity to the United States makes it the medical tourism destination of choice of Americans who seek affordable treatment abroad. According to the 2009 National Health Interview Survey conducted by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 15.4% of the total US population or 46.3 million Americans, had no health insurance coverage that year. US citizens, by choosing a medical facility in Mexico, can save a lot of money with the low treatment costs and at the same time curtail their travel and accommodation expenses.
- For US citizens, entering Mexico is quite simple. All they need is a passport or any valid proof of identity such as a driving license to cross the border.
- Patients can look forward to getting treated by renowned doctors and surgeons in Mexico, quite a few of whom have undergone comprehensive training at reputable institutions in the US and Europe.
- Most of the hospitals catering to overseas patients have English-speaking staff. On top of it, the urban skyline of the Latin American country is dominated by state-of-the-art medical facilities, some of which also have JCI accreditation. This ensures that American and Canadian patients will not have to countenance any waiting lines for their hiatal hernia repair in Mexico.
- Medical technology and equipment engaged in the leading hospitals of the country are at par with those found in their American and European counterparts.
Traveling for Hiatal Hernia Surgery to Mexico – Some Tips
Some pointers for those weighing hiatal hernia surgery in Mexico are as follows –
- Though the American dollar is widely accepted, carrying Mexican pesos in small denominations would come in handy for making small purchases and tipping.
- Don’t forget to keep yourself hydrated if traveling to Mexico for your surgery during summers. Make sure that you drink only bottled water.
- The period from June through November marks the hurricane season.
- To keep yourself safe, be aware of your surroundings. Do not take deserted roads.
- You might face some linguistic obstacles when out on the street. Keep a Spanish-English pocket dictionary handy to overcome language barriers.
Always remember to take all the necessary health and safety precautions when touring Mexico so as to have a memorable medical trip to avail hiatal hernia surgery in Mexico.
Submit the free quote request form on the right for more information on Hiatal Hernia Surgery in Mexico.