High quality, low cost hysterectomy surgery in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico is an effective solution for the disorders related to the uterus and the entire reproductive system such as uterine fibroids, cancers and tumors, heavy menstrual flow, pelvic pain, etc. Medical tourists from around the world, especially from the western countries, flock to Mexico for Hysterectomy procedure. For many, the main motivation behind undergoing this surgery in Mexico is the low cost of hysterectomy in Mexico, coupled with availability of world class medical facilities.
Many border cities of Mexico, such as Ciudad Juarez and Tijuana, have become centers of specialized medical care and affordable surgery that attract numerous medical tourists every year, especially from the close by American states such as California and Texas. As per a report called “Health-care challenged Californians flocking to Mexico” published in the San Diego Union Tribune, a whopping one million Californians throng Mexico every year to avail easy-on-the-pocket medical treatments.
Hysterectomy – an Overview
Hysterectomy, the technical term used for partial or full removal of the uterus, is a commonly performed surgical procedure. The Division of Reproductive Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, U.S.A has reported that nearly 600,000 hysterectomies are performed every year in the US. Further it reports that hysterectomy is also the second most frequent major surgical procedure among the American women in the child-bearing age. The geographical proximity of Mexico to the US makes it convenient for the American medical tourists to opt for low cost hysterectomy surgery in Mexico.
Why Opt for Hysterectomy in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
There are several advantages of hysterectomy surgery in Mexico in general and in Ciudad Juarez in particular. Some of these are outlined below:
- Low cost hysterectomy surgery in Mexico makes it an attractive option for medical tourists who would otherwise have to pay hefty medical bills for similar procedures in their home countries. One can also apply for medical loans to undergo surgery for uterus removal in Mexico.
- Availability of world class medical facilities across the major cities of Mexico makes it a perfect location for uterus removal surgery.
- Presence of trained surgeons armed with sophisticated surgical instrumentation for uterus removal through hysterectomy laparoscopic surgery in Mexico.
- Absence of language barrier in Mexico as Mexican doctors and their staff are well-versed in English, making effective communication for the offshore patients to effectively communicate.
- Presence of JCI accredited hospitals in Mexico has propelled it to a high status in the global medical tourism industry. There are many reputable, state-of-the-art hospitals in Ciudad Juarez to choose from. Some of them are in the process of getting JCI accreditation.
- Availability of medical facilities for different hysterectomy procedures, such as vaginal surgical hysterectomy in Mexico.
- The salubrious climate of Mexico makes it perfect for medical tourists to recuperate and rejuvenate after a medical treatment.
- Propinquity of Ciudad Juarez to the U.S border makes it viable for American patients to choose hysterectomy surgery in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico.
- Traveling to Ciudad Juarez is convenient. All it takes is a 10-minute drive from the El Paso International Airport. Also, there is no charge on crossing borders from the US to enter Ciudad Juarez.
Cons of Hysterectomy Procedure in Ciudad Juarez
Ciudad Juarez offers world class medical facilities to medical tourists. With low cost air travel and cheap medical treatment, Mexico has become a haven for medical tourists from all over the world. However, despite its dominating position in the medical tourism industry, one might face a few challenges while on a medical trip to Ciudad Juarez and other parts of Mexico for hysterectomy surgery.
Here are some of the things that a medical tourist must keep in mind when traveling to Mexico for a hysterectomy surgery:
- Lack of standardization of medical practices in Mexico makes the country vulnerable to medical malpractices. So, one must be circumspect enough while choosing the hospital in Mexico after punctiliously checking the testimonials and other relevant documents that would help establish the credibility of the hospital and the surgeons.
- Choose the medical procedure carefully after medical consultation. For instance, there are chances of pregnancy after partial hysterectomy. However, whether the pregnancy will be carried to term or not may vary from case to case. Intending patients are advised to have a detailed discussion in this regard with their gynecologists and obstetricians.
- Your stay in Ciudad Juarez might be longer than planned. Always travel with a companion, and make arrangements for staying a longer time, if needed.
- Indiscreet prospective patients often get lured by the low cost tag of surgeries offered by hospitals and clinics of questionable standing and end up being victims of shoddy medical treatments. Spending a considerable amount of time on researching about the hospitals will help a lot in keeping such bad experiences at bay.
Mexico offers state of the art medical treatment facilities for the medical tourists, with ample opportunities for some delightful sightseeing that will help rejuvenate the senses after the medical treatment. All in all, Mexico offers a remarkable experience for a medical tourist. And if you are a resident of the US or Canada, then hysterectomy surgery in Ciudad Juarez can be the most financially workable solution for you.
Mexico Health facilitates affordable medical treatments at various quality hospitals in Mexico. For more information, please submit the estimate-request form on the right.