There are cases wherein surgical intervention is required to treat urethral stricture or the narrowing of the urethra which complicates urine flow or bladder emptying. Buccal mucosal urethroplasty in Mexico offers an affordable alternative to other treatment modalities that have high patient morbidity and urethral stricture recurrence rates. Healthcare in Mexico is not all about low-priced treatments, though. Many overseas patients from the US and Canada can attest to the high quality of overall medical care in Mexico.
Given the significantly reduced buccal mucosal urethroplasty price in Mexico, there’s no need to prolong your agony. However, acquiring a deeper grasp of this procedure is important before deciding to go ahead with any type of treatment for urethral stricture in Mexico.
Incidence of Male Urethral Stricture in the US
As per the study “Male Urethral Stricture Disease,” by Richard A. Santucci et al, published in The Journal of Urology in 2007, almost 1.5 million Americans visited the doctor for urethral stricture between 1992 and 2000. The total cost of the disease, excluding medication costs, was almost $200 million in 2000.
For many uninsured Americans suffering from urethral stricture, low-priced repair of urethral walls in Mexico is a much better alternative. The easy-on-the-pocket cost of medical treatments and ease of travel are major reasons American patients prefer Mexico. Many Americans come to Mexico every year for a wide range of inexpensive treatments, from a simple liposuction in Guadalajara to a more complicated knee replacement surgery in Tijuana.
Overview of Buccal Mucosal Urethroplasty
- A patient may be advised to undergo urethroplasty in the following circumstances:
- Chronic urination and urinary retention problems
- Presence of kidney stones in the bladder
- Recurrent UTIs
- Increasing amount of urine left in the bladder after urination
- Failure of conservative treatments to control the symptoms (pain medications)
- Buccal mucosal urethroplasty is a procedure of choice for urologists due to its reliability, ease of technical performance, and overall high success rate. Patients are advised to find a renowned, highly-competent urologist to perform buccal mucosa graft urethroplasty in Mexico as this is a complicated procedure.
- What to do to minimize complications should also be discussed with your surgeon prior to undergoing urethroplasty with buccal mucosal graft in Mexico. Though rare, complications may occur on the site of buccal mucosal graft harvest, the inner cheeks (facial swelling, Stensen’s duct injury, lip paresthesia, etc.) and on the site of urethral stricture repair.
Why Choose Buccal Mucosal Urethroplasty in Mexico?
- Complicated surgical procedures, including urethroplasty, are way too expensive in Western countries. The significantly reduced buccal mucosal urethroplasty cost in Mexico is attributed to the country’s low cost of living and tight competition among health care providers.
- Finding a highly competent urologist with an impressive track record to perform urethral reconstruction using buccal mucosa graft in Mexico is not difficult. A lot of renowned doctors in Mexico have earned their degrees and expertise at reputable medical institutions in the US and Europe.
- Leading hospitals offering urethral reconstruction in Mexico boast of state-of-the-art facilities and advanced medical technology. These hospitals strictly implement high standards of health care, including sanitation, and hold accreditations from the JCI and other international certification bodies. They are well-equipped even for major surgical procedures such as heart surgery or colon resection in Mexico.
- Mexico’s proximity makes travel faster and more convenient and cheaper for American and Canadian patients.
- Language barrier is not an issue for overseas patients as there are many English-speaking doctors and staff at leading hospitals in Mexico. A language interpreter can be requested for further assistance.
- Thanks to affordable urethra rebuilding with buccal mucosa in Mexico, a relaxing and enjoyable vacation is very much possible. Plan your travel itinerary with your doctor and possibly, a travel agent, to make your trip safe and hassle-free.
Tourist Spots in Mexico
You can also wriggle in leisurely sightseeing into your medical trip to avail buccal mucosal urethroplasty in Mexico. To give you an idea on how to spend your vacation, here are some of the top tourist destinations in Mexico:
- The resort city of Puerto Vallarta is famous for its azure ocean waters and skyscraping buildings. Lounge about on the golden sands as you recover from your surgery.
- Riviera Maya is the place of the Mayan Reef, the largest coral reef in the Western hemisphere.
- Chichen Itza is the home of the El Castillo pyramid, the Great Ballcourt, the El Caracol, and other ancient architecture.
- Los Cabos is an ideal destination for a relaxing time on the beach or for sport fishing.
With thorough research, proper planning, and informed decision-making, you are well on your way to a cost-effective buccal mucosal urethroplasty in Mexico.
Mexico Health facilitates affordable Buccal Mucosal Urethroplasty in Mexico. For more information, please submit the estimate-request form on the right.