Umbilical hernias usually require surgical attention. For many, surgery in their home countries is not a practical or convenient option due to high pricing or excessive wait times. Traveling for umbilical hernia surgery in Mexico is an affordable and practical way to attain the care that you need.
Hospitals in Mexico provide inexpensive, fast and competent care for those in need of treatment.
About Umbilical Hernias
- An umbilical hernia is the result of a pouch formed along the inner lining of your abdomen. This pouch pushes through a hole located near the belly button in the abdominal wall.
- Umbilical hernias are very common in children, and are also found in adults who have recently had abdominal surgery, have been pregnant, or who are overweight.
- Children sometimes heal from umbilical hernias naturally, but adults require surgical attention. Without surgery, the hernia will most likely become a larger problem and cause future complications.
- Umbilical hernias are hernias that occur near the naval. You can also have ventral hernia treatment in Mexico, which is a hernia that has occurred along the midline of the abdominal wall.
- In a recent paper published by Joaquin A. Rodriguez, M.D. and Ronald A. Hinder, M.D., PhD, entitled “Surgical Management of Umbilical Hernia,” it is stated that after surgery, umbilical hernia recurrence rates are as low as 10%.
Benefits of Umbilical Hernia Treatment in Mexico
- Abdominal hernia surgery in Mexico is performed by experienced doctors, many of whom are internationally trained and have worked in the US before returning to Mexico.
- The cost of umbilical hernia repair in Mexico is a fraction of the cost of the same procedures in the US and other countries. It’s even possible to receive medical loans so you can get the procedure done immediately.
- There are many places to receive abdominal hernia treatment in Mexico, including many cities that are just across the border from the US.
- Many umbilical hernia surgeries are performed on an outpatient basis, so you can return home quickly or stay a little while and enjoy a vacation in one of Mexico’s many beautiful cities.
Tips for Traveling to Mexico
- You’d be required to bring a photo ID, a tourist card, and a valid proof of citizenship with you when traveling to Mexico.
- Remember that if you’re traveling to have your child’s abdominal hernia treatment in Mexico, you will need a passport for your child as well.
- It might help to get a free quote online for your umbilical hernia surgery so you can best plan your trip.
- As one of the most popular tourist countries in the world, Mexico has a very high tourist industry. If you’d like a quieter atmosphere, look to have your abdominal hernia treatment in Mexico around the northern interior.
Destinations for Abdominal Hernia Surgery in Mexico
Advancing healthcare standards and the increase in popularity of surgical procedures in Mexico means you can have your pick of cities to travel to for abdominal hernia surgery in Mexico. Some things to consider:
- If you live in California, the city of Tijuana is just across the border and boasts of many fantastic hospitals. This city is a popular tourist destination and has a wonderful climate and many restaurants, hotels, and shops that cater to tourists.
- If you’re interested in turning your trip for abdominal hernia treatment in Mexico into a vacation, Puerto Vallarta could be an excellent option. This popular city is known for its resorts, beautiful beaches, and popular restaurants.
- The city of Mexicali is another popular city located just across the border from Calexico, California. The standard of living in Mexicali is among the highest in all of Mexico, providing a luxurious experience.
- For those living in or around Texas, Ciudad Juarez is a close and convenient choice for abdominal hernia surgery in Mexico. This city is within driving distance of El Paso, Texas and offers many local US chain restaurants and stores for your comfort.
The benefits of traveling for treatment of umbilical hernias in Mexico are plentiful, including cheaper prices, shorter wait times, and experienced, internationally trained surgeon. For those living in the US, affordable treatment and excellent care is just across the border.
Mexico Health facilitates affordable medical treatments at various quality hospitals in Mexico. For more information, please submit the estimate-request form on the right.