Hysterectomy in Mexico
If you are suffering from a reproductive disorder such as uterine cancer, fibroids, intense pain or heavy menstrual bleeding, your doctor might advise getting a hysterectomy. Hysterectomy in Mexico might be a viable option for you. As cities such as Cancun, Ciudad Juarez, and Los Algodones become top medical centers, an increasing number of patients are heading to Mexico for affordable surgery.
According to the National Uterine Fibroids Foundation, 600,000 hysterectomies are performed per year in the U.S. costing over $5 billion! Additionally, 37% of all American women undergo hysterectomy by the time they are 60. Given these statistics of incidence and cost, it is easy to understand why many women, especially those without insurance coverage choose to get low cost hysterectomy in Ciudad Juarez, Tijuana and other parts of Mexico.
What is a Hysterectomy?
A hysterectomy removes the uterus from a woman’s reproductive system. In some cases, the ovaries might also be excised. This is a minimally invasive procedure and has a high rate of success.
This procedure is undertaken for a number of reasons: some of the leading problems that require hysterectomy are:
- Uterine fibroids that cause pain and bleeding
- Uterine prolapse, where the uterus moves from its normal position into the vaginal canal
- Cancer of the uterus, cervix, or ovaries
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Thickening of the uterus
If you are suffering from one of these reasons, head to undergo hysterectomy in Mexico and you are likely to receive top notch care during this difficult time.
Advantages of Availing Hysterectomy in Mexico
Mexico is rapidly becoming one of the leading surgical tourism destinations of the world. With its many cities specializing in a range of procedures, Mexico is becoming a go-to option for many patients who lack medical insurance or are opting for elective surgeries.
Some of the top reasons for getting a hysterectomy procedure in Mexico are:
- The low cost of hysterectomy in Mexico draws many women to the country. One is likely to save up to 60% in costs when compared to the prices charged for similar procedures in the U.S.
- Availability of world class medical facilities in JCI-accredited hospitals in Mexico is another huge draw. You are likely to have access to a range of services including hysterectomy through laparoscopic surgery in Mexico.
- You can choose from a long list of trained surgeons who specialize in gynecological procedures such as laparoscopic hysterectomy in Mexico.
- Most surgeons and medical staff in Mexico are conversant in English making it easy for patients to communicate with their attending doctors.
- The leading hospitals of the country are very well-equipped. From gastric sleeve in Tijuana, liposuction in Guadalajara to vaginal hysterectomy in Mexico, the hospitals are geared for all procedures.
- The proximity of Mexican cities makes it a cost-effective choice, especially for Americans and Canadians. Most of the big Mexican cities are travel hubs and are very well-connected. You will add minimal travel expenses to your total hysterectomy price in Mexico.
Travel Tips: Getting Hysterectomy Surgery in Mexico
Before heading out to get a surgery for uterus removal in Mexico, take the time to do some research. Look at the different cities of Mexico and pinpoint their specialties.
- Make sure you understand the terms and conditions of your surgical package before committing to hysterectomy in Mexico. Malpractice laws in Mexico are not as stringent as in the U.S. or Canada.
- U.S. and Canadian citizens require passports, birth certificates or passport cards to enter Mexico. Citizens of other countries should check with the Mexican consulate serving their region before heading to avail a hysterectomy procedure in Mexico.
- Before you travel to undergo low cost hysterectomy in Mexico, read all the travel directives from the US Department of State.
- Use common sense during your stay for hysterectomy in Mexico. Do not use, carry or buy drugs. Leave your valuables at home and use standardized hotels and transportation options.
- If you plan to rent a car, you will need a valid driver’s license and you must be above 25 years of age. Make sure you understand your insurance needs since they vary from those in the U.S. or Canada. You might be required to buy additional insurance.
Whether you choose to go to sunny Cancun, colorful Tijuana, or the border towns of Ciudad Juarez or Los Algodones, you are likely to get top class care from highly skilled surgeons, who operate in global medical facilities. So avail hysterectomy in Mexico and leave your painful symptoms behind.
Submit the free quote request form on the right for more information on Hysterectomy in Mexico.