A hernia can be excessively painful, and at times may even cause nausea. Hernia surgery in Mexico is an affordable option you can resort to finally put a stop to the physical distress the condition brings. Healthcare in Mexico can not only be top notch but also affordable. Remember, a hernia will not heal by itself without treatment – if you’re suffering from the ailment, you must undergo a procedure to correct it.
Low Cost Hernia Surgery in Mexico
- Obviously, the low hernia surgery cost in Mexico is the best thing about seeking treatment in the country. It’s much lower than what you’d expect to pay in the United States or any other First World nation.
- Affordable hernia surgery in Mexico is especially useful if your medical insurance doesn’t cover it. Hernia surgery cost without insurance could be astronomical, and it may not be something you can afford in the current economic scenario.
- Exact treatment costs, however, depend on whether you’re getting the usual fully open operation or laparoscopic hernia surgery in Mexico.
- Whichever option you choose, the surgery in Mexico would still be quite easy on the pocket.
Advantages of Getting Hernia Surgery in Mexico
- Bonus points if you’re from the United States, especially if you live near the border as you only have to travel by land!
- There are numerous state-of-the-art hospitals in Tijuana and other parts of Mexico. They are adequately equipped to treat all different kinds of hernia. So it doesn’t matter if you have congenital hernia (that’s found in 1 out of 2,500 babies according The Association of Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Research, Awareness and Support) or other types of hernia, you can consider Mexico for treatment.
- Many Mexican doctors are trained in the developed countries. Quite a few of them have prior experience of practicing in the US. Many specialists reside in the country, so even if you’re seeking other treatments like gastric bypass in Tijuana or hip replacement in Ciudad Juarez, there will be someone you can bank on.
- Low cost hernia surgery apart, Mexico is a beautiful country that you may want to tour if you can set aside some vacationing time.
Disadvantages of Getting Hernia Surgery in Mexico
- For one, you’d have to spend time away from home not only for the treatment but also for recuperating. You can’t travel while you’re still healing, after all.
- However, if you’ve chosen to get laparoscopic hernia surgery in Mexico instead of open surgery, recovery time will be shorter.
- Obviously, you can’t have a lot of friends and family with you physically, unless everyone’s willing to shell out cash for travel costs. You may have to go through the procedure alone unless your budget allows you to bring someone else.
- If you live far from the Mexican border, you may not be able to go back to the doctor who performed the procedure on you in case complications arise. Hernia’s recurrence rate, however, is very low at 1% to 3%, according to the U.S. National Institute of Health.
- There’s always some kind of apprehension when seeking medical treatment in another country. If you’re feeling antsy about getting hernia surgery in Mexico, research to your heart’s content before diving in.
- Mexico is just at the other side of the border from the United States, but it’s still a Spanish-speaking country. However, when on the street a pocket dictionary should come to your rescue.
Now that you know the advantages and disadvantages of getting hernia surgery in Mexico, you can start weighing your options. If you think it’s the best course of action to take, don’t hesitate and take the plunge to get better.
Mexico Health facilitates affordable medical treatments at various quality hospitals in Mexico. For more information, please submit the estimate-request form on the right.