Whether you have an upcoming class reunion or are just sick of looking for the right clothes to camouflage your belly every day, you might want to explore the idea of getting a low cost tummy tuck in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Also known as abdominoplasty, a tummy tuck is one of the most popular plastic surgeries in Mexico.
According to a 2011 Report of Plastic Surgery Statistics by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, tummy tucks were in the top five requested surgeries in the United States. With increasing demand for cheap remedies for perceived body imperfections, many patients are heading across the US-Mexico border to get sinuous silhouettes through tummy tuck surgery in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
What is Tummy Tuck?
A tummy tuck, also known as an abdominoplasty, has become the go-to procedure for surgically removing redundant skin and flab from the middle and lower part of the belly as well as tightening abdominal muscles. A combination of excision and tautening helps create a flatter belly.
An abdominoplasty is conducted under general anesthesia and involves cutting the skin near the pubic area. The surgeon then removes excess tissue and fat before tightening the abdominal muscles. Depending on your body type and the amount of loose skin and fat, the surgeon can perform a complete abdominoplasty or a partial/mini tuck. Whatever procedure you choose, your tummy tuck scar can be covered by underwear and swimwear.
Tummy tucks are invasive procedures and therefore, require thorough pre-surgical checking. Make sure that you inform your cosmetic surgeon about your medical history including all chronic diseases, presence of blood clots, among others or previous abdominal surgery. This will allow your surgeon to perform a seamless abdominoplasty in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
How Much Does Tummy Tuck Cost in Puerto Vallarta?
The United States healthcare costs have been skyrocketing over the past decade. And with procedures such as abdominoplasty, which are largely elective, there is very little chance of getting any insurance coverage. Indeed, WebMD warns that insurance companies will not cover such procedures unless required as a treatment for problems such as hernias.
But the low cost of living in Mexico and the lack of high costs usually associated with medical care in the US allows top class hospitals staffed by experienced surgeons to provide abdominoplasty tummy tuck surgery in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico at a fraction of American and Canadian costs. In fact, Puerto Vallarta Mexico tummy tuck cost is so low that you can look forward to saving up to 30% to 70% over what you would have to shell out on the procedure in your home country.
Other Advantages of the Procedure in Puerto Vallarta
Some of the other reasons for choosing abdominoplasty in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico are as follows:
- There are a number of hospitals providing cosmetic surgery in Puerto Vallarta which are globally accredited and have the latest surgical technologies available.
- All procedures including mini tummy tucks in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico are carried out in well-equipped and hygienic operation theaters.
- Patients undergoing low cost tummy tucks in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, will recover and heal in beautifully appointed hospitals run to international standards of operation.
- Top class plastic surgeons in Mexico with international experience and world class credentials will perform your tummy tuck in Puerto Vallarta.
- The proximity of Puerto Vallarta to the U.S. and the ease of travel is a major magnet for medical tourists. Puerto Vallarta is serviced by the Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport, with over 25 direct flights to U.S. cities.
- Most of the hospital staff are well-versed in English.
- You can easily schedule your abdominoplasty in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico with little or no wait period.
- With its sub-tropical weather, sandy beaches and warm hospitality, Puerto Vallarta has the added advantage of being a prime tourist destination.
Undergoing Abdominoplasty in Puerto Vallarta: Helpful Tips
- Be it a tummy tuck or liposuction in Puerto Vallarta, remember to do your research and get recommendations before you settle on a hospital and plastic surgeon for your surgery.
- Get all the terms and conditions in writing so as to avoid any unexpected problems.
- U.S. citizens require current passports or passport cards to enter Mexico. Remember to keep your identification document with you.
- While there are widespread stories about drug wars in Mexico, Puerto Vallarta is one of the safest cities of Mexico.
- Read all travel directives on Puerto Vallarta from the U.S. Department of State.
- Winter and spring are the best times to visit Puerto Vallarta, also known as PV or PVR. The summers are hot and humid, with incessant rains.
- If you have happen to be from Arizona, Texas or New Mexico, tummy tuck in Ciudad Juarez would be more logistically viable for you as you can drastically cut down on travel time and related expenses.
Tourism in Puerto Vallarta
Located about 1100 miles south of San Diego, Puerto Vallarta is an enchanting tourist destination on the Pacific Coast of Mexico. As you head to Puerto Vallarta for your tummy tuck, be aware that you are heading to a city that combines small town charm with big city conveniences.
While you might not want to indulge in strenuous activities such as snorkeling or diving into the pristine waters of PVR, you could opt to watch whales in the open waters, take a gentle walk along Isla Rio Cuale, teeming with crafts stalls and restaurants, or sit back along the famed beachside promenade of Malecon, admiring the startling sculptures that provide a backdrop to performing street artists and strolling pedestrians.
With its extensive cuisine and elegant cobblestoned promenades, beautiful beaches and energizing night life, you will be able to recover easily from your tummy tuck in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
Mexico Health facilitates affordable medical treatments at various quality hospitals in Mexico. For more information, please submit the estimate-request form on the right.