Liposuction in Cancun, Mexico attracts an increasing number of medical tourists from the United States and Canada who are seeking slimmer waistlines for inexpensive prices. Besides the lower surgery costs, another perk is that plastic surgeons in Mexico offer personalized attention and expert knowledge to every patient. Doctors and their support staff in the reputable hospitals and clinics of Mexico speak fluent English and understand how to accommodate medical tourists’ needs, so patients traveling from the north need not worry about a language barrier.
Many patients who undergo lipo in Cancun, Mexico find it beneficial that they can relax in a tropical vacation-like setting as they recover from surgery. Rest and the massaging of the areas that were treated during liposuction both promote speedy recovery. After the liposuction procedure, patients can lie out on a Cancun beach or get a massage from one of the surrounding spas.
Facts about Liposuction
- Liposuction is a surgery in which suction is used to remove fat from problem areas. It is designed for patients who cannot lose stubborn fat from certain areas, even if they follow a proper diet and exercise regime.
- There are many different liposuction techniques, including laser liposuction, tumescent liposuction, and vaser liposuction. Laser liposuction involves the use of lasers to contour the body without leaving large scars; tumescent liposuction involves the use of fluid injections to help the cannula (tube through which the fat tissues are removed) remove the fat more easily; and vaser liposuction involves the use of ultrasonic technology to liquefy fatty tissues so the fat is more easily removed through the cannula.
- Liposuction is commonly performed on the buttocks, tummy, hips, arms, calves, thighs, and chin.
- Liposuction was one of the top five most common surgical procedures for American women in 2011, according to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
Pros and Cons of Lipoplasty in Cancun, Mexico
- Liposuction prices in Cancun, Mexico are much lower than what the procedure costs in the United States or Canada. This is due to the low cost of living in Mexico.
- The affordability of lipo procedures such as vaser liposuction in Cancun, Mexico allows medical tourists to afford multiple plastic surgeries. Patients who would like to achieve a younger look could get facelift surgery in Cancun, Mexico to complement their improved figure. You may even want to consider gluteal implant surgery in Mexico.
- Despite the low cost of liposuction in Cancun, Mexico, patients can rest assured about the quality of the treatments.
- The leading liposuction clinics in Cancun, Mexico make use of state-of-the-art technology and are sticklers for high quality and hygiene standards. In fact, there are a number of JCI-accredited and ISO-certified hospitals in Mexico that patients can choose for their liposuction.
- Liposuction in Mexico is viable for people from the US and Canada because of logistical suitability. Americans and Canadians can truncate additional expenses related to traveling and even save on time by electing to get plastic surgery in Mexico, rather than in some other medical tourism Mecca which is almost half the world away.
- One disadvantage of laser liposuction in Cancun, Mexico is that should the procedure not go as expected, it may be difficult to pursue legal recourse due to differing malpractice laws.
- Another disadvantage is that some medical tourists may feel lonely as they recover from surgery in a different country. If you are traveling for tumescent liposuction in Cancun, Mexico, consider bringing along a companion to keep you company as you recover from surgery.
Things to Do During Your Stay for Lipoplasty in Cancun, Mexico
Before your surgery, you may want to indulge in the following –
- Parasailing in Cancun, Mexico is a great way to get a good view of the ocean shoreline.
- Those who have a scuba diving license will enjoy the colorful coral reefs deep in the turquoise Cancun waters. For patients who would prefer to stay close to the ocean surface, snorkeling is also an option.
- There are numerous boating excursions for those who want to take in the ocean scenery and indulge in lobster dinners.
- For patients who prefer low-key activities, Cancun has many beaches with soft, warm sand where people can sunbathe.
Liposuction in Cancun, Mexico is a low cost option for patients who want a trim body, but cannot afford to shell out an exorbitant amount on cosmetic surgery. In addition to high quality medical care, medical tourists can enjoy Cancun’s beautiful beaches, warm climate, and the sparkling blue ocean waters.
Mexico Health facilitates affordable medical treatments at various quality hospitals in Mexico. For more information, please submit the estimate-request form on the right.