Cost effective facelift surgery in Cancun, Mexico has made it possible for people from across the world to get the younger, more youthful appearance they always sought. State-of-the-art facelift surgery centers in Mexico offer personalized treatment by well trained qualified personnel. A medical trip to Mexico also gives the opportunity to experience the warm culture of this vibrant country.The quality of healthcare in Mexico is similar to the quality of healthcare in the first world countries, and one can avail medical treatments in Mexico at a fraction of what they cost in any of the developed countries. The cost of a face lift in Mexico is estimated to be 30-40% of the prices in America.
Face Lift Surgery – An Overview
Face lift surgery or rhytidectomy is a surgical procedure which involves the removal of wrinkles and sagging skin and brings about a dramatic improvement in the appearance of the individuals, making them look at least 5 to10 years younger.
According to statistics by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) for 2008, face lift surgery was the sixth most popular cosmetic procedure in the US, with a total of 132,504 procedures.
Basic Face Lift Procedure:
- The main incision is made above the hairline and in front of and behind the ear. A smaller one is also made at the chin.
- The skin is separated from the underlying tissue and the underlying fat is removed or trimmed to give the face a sleeker look.
- This is followed by tissue repositioning and tightening of the muscle and other tissues.
- Finally, the skin is pulled back over the area and excess skin trimmed by knife or laser.
Reasons for Choosing Cancun, Mexico for Facelift Surgery
There are a number of reasons drawing medical tourists to Mexico for rhytidectomy or facelift surgery, a few of which are mentioned below:
- Mexican cities such as Cancun, Guadalajara and Monterrey are home to a number of JCI accredited hospitals which offer value for money services while maintaining international standards of healthcare and hygiene.
- Cosmetic procedures like neck lift surgery in Cancun are performed by extremely qualified facelift surgeons, many of whom have received their training in the US itself.
- Facelift surgery centers in Cancun are equipped with state of the art technology and all amenities to make the stay as comfortable as possible.
- The close proximity of Cancun to US and Canada and the associated low travel expenses make it easy for the citizens to travel back and forth for their health needs.
- As the waiting period is next to nil, even complex procedures like facelift surgery are performed quickly in Cancun, and cosmetic surgeons in Mexico are able to provide each patient with sufficient time and attention during the visit.
- The climate in the country is pleasant and is conducive to recovery following facelifts in Mexico.
Cost of Facelift Surgery in Cancun, Mexico
- Facelift Surgery in Mexico costs are low as compared to the costs in North America and West Europe and procedures like neck lifts in Mexico cost approximately 1/10th of their value in the first world countries.
- The low cost of living coupled with the large number of well trained personnel results in savings of up to 50-70%.
- Even after taking into consideration airfare and accommodation expenses, face lift prices in Cancun, Mexico fall easy on the pocket and result in sufficient savings to allow for a vacation in Mexico.
- Also, medical loans are available for people wishing to seek financial assistance to undergo treatment in Mexico.
Places to visit in Cancun, Mexico
The coastal city of Cancun is considered the number one spring break destination worldwide. Before and after facelift surgery in Cancun, Mexico, tourists can bask in the beauty of this tropical paradise. Right from the beaches to its archeological marvels, the city has something to offer everyone.
- Mayan ruins – Throughout the city one comes across the remains of the pre Columbian Mayan civilization.
- Isla Mujeres – A 25 minute ferry from downtown Cancun takes one to this beautiful island, known for its picturesque sunsets and golden beaches.
- Garrafon Marine Park – Snorkeling and exploration of the coral reefs are some of the major activities attracting tourists to this park.
- National Institute of Anthropology and History – This museum showcases artifacts more than a thousand years old and offers an interesting insight to the culture and history of Mexico.
- Teatro de Cancun – Some of the best dancers and musicians come together to perform here.
- Casa de Cultura (House of Culture) – An assortment of weekly cultural events which aim to entertain the masses.
- Tulum – An archeological site where significant rituals are believed to have been performed.
Medical Vacation Travel Tips
Before heading to Mexico for facelift surgery tourists must keep in mind the following points:
- Medical tourists must conduct a comprehensive search of the best facelift surgery hospitals in the country.
- Mexico Health provides valuable suggestions and reviews as to where to look for facelift surgery in Mexico.
- Patients must have complete faith in the surgeon they ultimately decide on and should discuss their expectations from the procedure in detail.
- It is advisable to plan the trip in advance and prepare a detailed itinerary prior to arrival in the country.
- Once in the country, public transport makes it easy for patients to commute from one place to the other.
- Tourists must watch out for their belongings in crowded places and also avoid traveling to remote places all by themselves at night.
Risks of Facelift Surgery in Mexico
Although any surgery might be associated with general complications like infection, hemorrhage etc, facelifts in Mexico are accompanied by additional risks mentioned below:
- Any complications that the patients face after returning to their native countries will have to be dealt by their local medical practitioners.
- Also, the malpractice laws in Mexico are not as advanced as in America.
Despite these risks, statistics show that a total of 50,000 medical tourists were treated in Mexico in 2009 and this number has been increasing at a rate of 25% annually, so much so that medical tourism in Mexico is expected to cross the $1 billion mark in the coming years. Apart from facelift surgery, heart surgery, weight loss surgery and dental implants in Mexico are the main revenue earners.
Affordable face lift surgery in Cancun, Mexico has now extended the benefits of rhytidectomy to people all over the world unable to meet the expense of the procedure in their native countries.
Mexico Health facilitates affordable medical treatments at various quality hospitals in Mexico. For more information please submit the estimate request form on the right.