If you have severe pain in your shoulder that interferes with everyday activities, you may be a good candidate for shoulder surgery. But if you are put off by the price chargeable for the surgery in your home country, consider undergoing your shoulder replacement in Tijuana – Mexico.
The shoulder replacement cost in Mexico is significantly less than in the United States or Canada. It’s one reason why medical tourism in Mexico is a growing industry. Joint reconstruction surgery and reverse shoulder replacement in Mexico are some of the medical procedures that Americans seek south of the border. Tijuana in particular is a popular destination because of its proximity to San Diego. Read on to discover if shoulder replacement surgery in Tijuana is the right choice for you.
Are You An Ideal Candidate for Shoulder Surgery?
Before considering any type of shoulder joint replacement in Tijuana, you’ll need to evaluate whether you’re even a good candidate. According to the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, about 53,000 people in the U.S. undergo shoulder replacement surgery each year. Shoulder replacements come in several varieties; all or parts of your joint may be replaced by prosthetics, depending on your condition. The surgery can be right for you if you suffer from any of the following conditions:
- Osteoarthritis: degenerative joint disease caused by old age.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: an inflammatory type of arthritis.
- Rotator cuff tear arthropathy: injury-related joint degeneration.
- Avascular necrosis (osteonecrosis): a painful condition in the joint caused by blood flow disruption.
- Severe fractures to the shoulder.
- Failure of previous shoulder surgery.
If any of these conditions interfere with your everyday activities or prevent you from getting restful sleep, shoulder surgery is on option that could lead to a pain-free life. You should be in good health otherwise and able to withstand major surgery. Consider getting a complete or partial shoulder replacement, or even shoulder resurfacing in Tijuana – Mexico.
Benefits of Availing Shoulder Replacement in Tijuana
Shoulder replacement in Tijuana makes sense for several reasons. Consider this:
- Price: The cost of shoulder replacement surgery in Tijuana – Mexico is significantly less than what the surgery costs in the U.S. or Canada. The price will vary depending on the nature of your procedure. [singlepic id=404 w=320 h=240 float=right]For example, shoulder resurfacing won’t cost as much as a complete shoulder replacement in Tijuana. But whatever surgery you have, you will save 30 to 60 percent or more of the cost of the same surgery elsewhere. Request a quote to learn how much you could save with the shoulder replacement surgery cost in Tijuana.
- Quality of care: Good shoulder replacement surgeons in Tijuana – Mexico have equivalent training and certifications to those of their counterparts in the U.S. You may be surprised to discover that many Mexican surgeons have educational backgrounds from highly esteemed U.S. educational institutions and speak fluent English. All you have to do is ask to learn more about your surgeon’s credentials. You may also be surprised to discover that you can choose a state-of-the-art hospital in Tijuana, complete with modern medical equipment and knowledgeable, English-speaking staff.
- No waiting periods. You won’t have a months-long wait for surgery like you might elsewhere! You can expect to receive quality care and not to be rushed out of your hospital stay before you’re safely ready to go.
- Proximity: It’s only a short drive of about 20 minutes from the San Diego airport to Tijuana, Mexico. Driving from San Diego to Tijuana is usually hassle-free; just remember that you will probably have a wait of up to two hours on your way back to the States. Don’t forget your passport – and if you’re not a U.S. citizen, you’ll need form I-94 and a multiple-entry visa, or a resident alien card.
Don’t let cost deter you from getting the surgery you need. Whether you need a shoulder resurfacing or complete or partial shoulder replacement in Tijuana – Mexico, we want to help you find the best care available. Shoulder replacement surgery in Tijuana – Mexico is a convenient and affordable option.
Submit the free quote request form on the right for more information on Shoulder Replacement in Tijuana, Mexico.