North Americans and Canadians suffering from vision loss will benefit from Mexico hospitals’ affordable treatments for presbyopia with LASIK in Tijuana, Mexico. Tijuana is the biggest city in Baja California, and it is popularly referred to as the medical device manufacturing capital in North America. It shares a border with San Diego, California, and with an estimated 300,000 crossings per day, it is also known as the most visited border city in the world.
LASIK Surgery in Tijuana
Tijuana, because of its role in manufacturing medical devices, also has some of the least expensive medical procedures in the world. The low prices for excellent quality healthcare is the reason why thousands of patients from the United States and Canada travel to Mexico for eye surgery and other procedures like cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery, orthopaedic surgery, and even dental work like dental implants in Tijuana.
LASIK surgery for presbyopia in Tijuana is a relief for those who have been suffering from debilitating vision loss, but cannot afford to pay for expensive doctor and hospital service fees in their home countries. By traveling to Mexico for eye surgeries, people can afford to treat their eye problems without having to spend a huge percentage of their savings on one procedure, as the cost of Tijuana’s LASIK treatments for presbyopia is only a fraction of what it will normally cost them at home. Glaucoma and cataract surgery costs in Tijuana, Mexico are also very affordable for medical tourists who visit to get treated by Mexican ophthalmologists.
LASIK for Presbyopia – Overview
- The US National Library of Medicine or NLM defines Presbyopia as the “condition in which the lens of the eye loses its ability to focus, making it difficult to see objects up close”.
- Although some patients can be young, most are in their 40s or over, as this affliction is a natural part of the aging process, when the lens’ elasticity is not as good as it was when they are younger.
- LASIK or Laser-Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis, also simply referred to at times as laser eye surgery, uses a laser to cut through the eye in order to remodel the cornea to improve vision. It is also used to correct other vision problems like astigmatism and myopia.
In order to qualify for laser eye surgery in Tijuana for presbyopia, a patient must be:
- 18 years old or older
- Assessed to have an eye problem that can be corrected – this can be proven by medical records from your local ophthalmologist. Of course, the surgeon who will perform the LASIK surgery in Mexico will conduct an examination when you arrive.
Other patients who may not qualify or prefer LASIK surgery can also consider an alternative procedure like conductive keratoplasty in Tijuana for presbyopia. The Tijuana eye surgeons in our network study each patient’s case and discuss options in order to find out which procedure will best work for them. Keratoplasty is great for low to moderate astigmatism and myopia, and is considered the safest way at the present in correcting eye problems because it does not involve cutting in any part of the eye.
Traveling to Tijuana for Presbyopia Surgery
Here are some things to remember for your medical travel to Tijuana:
- Review the eye surgeon’s qualifications by asking for his CV and references from previous international patients. Ensure that you are working with a board-certified Mexican surgeon who is experienced in the procedure you will undergo.
- Make sure that you have all the documents you need for arriving in Mexico and for the surgery. This may include passport, medical records, receipts, and identification cards.
- You may want to bring someone with you for emotional and moral support. A family member or friend will also make a trip to Tijuana more fun.
If you are keen on travelling to Mexico to treat presbyopia with LASIK in Tijuana, let us help you. Setting up doctor’s appointments and other related tasks are made easier because of our network of expert eye surgeons in Tijuana.
Mexico Health facilitates affordable medical treatments at various quality hospitals in Mexico. For more information, please submit the estimate-request form on the right.