Fibroid tumor surgery in Mexico is a cost-saving option for patients from the USA and Canada who have no medical insurance or simply cannot afford paying hefty medical bills for the surgery in their home country. Americans make up 30%-35% of the patients in many Mexican hospitals, according to an article by Tina Peng published on Newsweek on November 18, 2008.
According to the National Women’s Health Information Center, nearly 20% to 80% of women develop uterine fibroids (benign tumors that develop in the uterus) by the time they attain the age of 50. Treatment of uterine fibroids, also known as Myomectomy, can be quite prohibitive in the West. However, heading to Mexico to avail low cost fibroid tumor surgery is one way to circumvent the extortionately high cost of treatments in one’s home country.
Uterine Fibroids Treatments
- Uterine fibroids are very common and as per Mayo Clinic three out of four women can have them during their childbearing years.
- Noncancerous tumors formed of fibrous tissue can be surgically removed.
- All types of fibroid tumor treatment in Mexico are offered to patients. One such procedure called abdominal myomectomy involves removal of fibroids through a cut in the abdomen. Laparoscopic myomectomy is a less invasive alternative to abdominal laparoscopy.
- During hysteroscopic myomectomy an instrument called a resectoscope is inserted vaginally and electrical current is used to cut tissue.
- Lately, a non-surgical solution called uterine fibroid embolization has been also offered. During this procedure blood supply is blocked with help of a small a catheter leading to the shrinkage of fibroids. Patients can also find options for uterine fibroid embolization in Mexico.
- If none of the above is sufficient, a hysterectomy is performed and the uterus is removed. Hysterectomy in Ciudad Juarez, Mexicali, and other Mexican cities can help patients significantly cut down their costs.
Why Choose Myomectomy in Mexico?
- The cost of uterine fibroid tumor surgery in Mexico is a fraction of that in the USA, Canada, and the UK and patients can save anything between 40% and 70% of the total expenses. Medical tourists can even apply for medical loans for getting uterine fibroid treatment in Mexico.
- There are a number of hospitals providing hysterectomy and myomectomy in Mexico that have well established transport links and are within an easy reach from the US border.
- The number of hospitals accepting medical tourists is growing which means minimal or no waiting period for surgical procedures including fibroid tumor treatment in Mexico.
- Many of the country’s hospitals providing uterine fibroid treatments such as myomectomy, uterine fibroid embolization, and hysterectomy in Mexico have an extensive experience in dealing with international patients as the North American country is a popular medical tourism destination.
- Many a prominent obstetrician and gynecologist in Ciudad Juarez and other parts of Mexico has undergone post-graduate or specialty training at American, Canadian, and European medical schools.
- The leading hospitals providing treatments such as ovarian cyst removal, endometriosis surgery and tubal ligation reversal in Mexico are accredited by the ISO and the JCI to ensure strict compliance with hygiene and safety standards.
- A fibroid tumor removal in Mexico doesn’t mean stressful language barriers as the reputable hospitals of the country have English-speaking medical staff.
- The reputed gynecology centers in Ciudad Juarez, Mexicali and other Mexican cities offer cutting edge technologies to the increasing number of Western patients.
- The border cities of Mexico such as Ciudad Juarez and Mexicali make ideal destinations for patients from Arizona, California, New Mexico, and Texas. Choosing to get treated in these cities can result in significant savings in travel time and costs.
- A visitor to Mexico has a lot to choose from; the country offers a wealth of cultural heritage, sightseeing spots, beautiful beaches, and spa centers where medical tourists can recuperate after their successful surgery.
Useful Tips and Info for Treatment of Uterine Fibroids in Mexico
- It is important to avail of free online and phone consultations to get a clear idea of what the treatment will cost you.
- Research your destination – the location of the hospital, transport links available, safety recommendations, good restaurants, and tourist attractions nearby.
- You have to bear in mind that there are no regulations governing the medical tourism industry in Mexico, so check the surgeon and hospital’s credentials thoroughly; discuss your stay in the hospital in detail.
- Remember, most of the doctors in private hospitals do not have malpractice insurance.
Significant cost savings, proximity to the American cities as well as the world class medical facilities continue to make fibroid tumor surgery in Mexico an attractive option for Western medical tourists.
Mexico Health facilitates affordable medical treatments at various quality hospitals in Mexico. For more information, please submit the estimate-request form on the right