Dental implants in Mexico have become a routine procedure for medical tourists from all parts of the world, especially for the Americans and Canadians, who need not go too far in pursuit of affordable dental care. Cheap dentistry in Mexico is one of the prime reasons why people from other parts of the world flock here for dental work.
Dental implants in Tijuana, Mexico are available at significantly low-costs, helping the dental tourists save thousands in treatment costs.
In a study published in 2009 in Medical Care, a journal for the American Public Health Association, one million adults from the state of California alone seek health care in Mexico each year. A sizeable percentage of this number visit Mexico for dental implants. This depicts the growing confidence of medical tourists in Mexico dental implants.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that are placed in the jaw, and then loaded with a tooth crown or a bridge. Dental implants are most appropriate for people who have lost a tooth due to a gum disease or some accident.
Advantages of Dental implants
Dental implants have a number of advantages over other tooth replacement options such as dentures. Some of the benefits of a dental implant are listed below:
- Dental implants look and feel like ‘real’ teeth.
- Unlike some other procedures, dental implants do not alter the natural teeth that are next to the implant.
- Dental implants have been reported to have a high success rate and are long lasting.
- Due to their natural look, they give you more confidence to smile and speak confidently.
Why Mexico for Dental Implants?
Cheap dental implants in Mexico remain a major attraction for medical tourists around the world, especially the Americans. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that more than 100 million Americans lack dental coverage. This makes the cost of dental care a major cause of concern for those seeking dental implants. That’s why the low cost of dental implants in Mexico tops the list of attractions for those seeking dental care in Mexico.
Here are some of the benefits of getting dental work in Mexico:
- Cost savings – Dental implants in Mexico cost less than half of what they cost in the U.S.
- High quality medical care – Mexico boasts of state of the art dental clinics that are equipped with high-tech instruments and offer latest treatments.
- According to statistics revealed by the World Health Organization, Mexico is ranked 61 in overall health systems among countries of the world.
- Immediate access to dental care – Medical tourists visiting Mexico for dental implants get immediate appointments with the dentists for their treatment. Mexican dentists have a lot of experience of treating off shore patients.
- Personalized care – Medical tourists to Mexico are received by a hospitable staff that looks after their needs in an efficient manner.
- For the adventure loving tourists, The Great Maya Barrier Reef offers some great scuba diving experiences.
Combine dental care in Mexico with a pleasure trip
Having been the site of the most ancient civilizations in the world, Mexico offers some of the sightseeing opportunities. Its historical sites such as Chichen Itza and its coastal cities such as Tulum make it one of the most memorable destinations to visit.
Here are some of the things that you can do in Mexico
- Visit the stone carved temples of Ek Balam.
- The pyramidical structures at Teotihuacan offer an awesome sight. Believed to have been created in 200 BC, they are among the most visited places in Mexico.
- Watch the elaborate paintings and the fine sculptures in Mayan City.
- Visit Chapultepec Zoo that houses endangered species.
Travel Tips for Medical Tourists to Mexico
- Ensure your Medical Travel Facilitator has travel experience as well as medical knowledge of Mexico.
- Plan your Medical vacation with your Medical Facilitator for undergoing discounted medical treatments in Mexico. He may help you plan your hotel reservations, tours and your vacation. Ask for estimates for planning your dental vacation in Mexico.
- Carry brochures of the cities you are planning to travel to.
- Always carry the emergency numbers and the embassy contact nos. with you.
Sophisticated technology, friendly staff and a plethora of exciting sightseeing opportunities makes Mexico an ideal destination for a medical tourist to get his dental implants. Dental implants in Mexico are low in cost, but high in quality, and are consequently becoming the preferred choice for many Westerners.
Mexico Health facilitates affordable medical treatments at various hospitals in Mexico. For more information, submit the estimate–request form on the right.