Tummy tucks are beneficial to those who have loose abdominal skin but the procedures can be expensive to obtain in the US, Canada, the UK, and other developed countries of the West. Undergoing a tummy tuck in Guadalajara, Mexico may help patients save significantly on costs. The Mexican health system follows similar medical standards as the United States, yet plastic surgeries in Mexico are more affordable. This is because the lower cost of living in Mexico allows doctors to pass along the inexpensive prices to medical tourists.
Tummy Tuck – An Overview
- A tummy tuck involves making an incision in the abdomen (the size of the incision depends on the amount of fat or loose skin) and tightening the skin as well as contouring the muscles and tissue in the abdomen.
- Tummy tucks are not recommended for people who have a lot of weight to lose or for women who are planning on bearing children afterwards.
- After surgery, patients are advised to relax for several weeks before resuming normal activity.
- The WebMD cautions that tummy tucks should be a last resort for people who have exhausted other tummy tightening methods and should not be used as an alternative to weight loss.
- According to the 2011 American Society of Plastic Surgeons Statistics Report, 115,902 tummy tucks were performed in the United States in that year.
How Much Does Tummy Tuck Cost in Guadalajara?
- The tummy tuck cost in Guadalajara, Mexico is much lower than the costs charged for the procedure in the United States or Canada.
- Food, transportation and lodging in Guadalajara are generally inexpensive, so one can travel throughout Guadalajara without stretching the budget.
- If you are bringing along a partner or friend, you should take into consideration his/her added expenses.
- Medical loans in Guadalajara, Mexico are available for patients seeking a financial plan.
Why Get Tummy Tuck Surgery in Guadalajara?
- Hospitals in Guadalajara, Mexico are well-equipped with up-to-date medical technology.
- Even taking into consideration travel and food expenses, tummy tucks in Guadalajara are still much more affordable than they are in the United States or Canada.
- One will not have to face communication problems in the renowned Guadalajara hospitals, as majority of the surgeons and hospital staff speak both fluent English and Spanish. There may also be multilingual translators available at larger clinics.
- Patients will not have to wait long to undergo a full-blown or mini tummy tuck in Guadalajara, Mexico, as waiting times are minimal, unlike in the United Kingdom and Canada.
- Your abdominoplasty tummy tuck surgery in Guadalajara will be performed by world-class, experienced surgeons. Some surgeons in Guadalajara even undergo medical training in the United States, so they are familiar with American medical standards.
- Guadalajara is a suitable medical tourism destination for patients who live in the Southern states as traveling there allows medical tourists to save on travel costs as well as time.
- Many hospitals in Mexico are JCI accredited or have other international medical affiliations.
- One major benefit of a tummy tuck in Guadalajara is the sunny weather that promotes fast healing. Patients can enjoy the added perks of a relaxing getaway in a charming, historical town.
Traveling for Abdominoplasty in Guadalajara, Mexico – Things to Consider
Be it a nip and tuck to get a flat belly or gastric bypass surgery in Guadalajara to shed extraneous stubborn pounds, potential medical tourists are advised to weigh the following pros and cons –
- Before you travel for a tummy tuck in Guadalajara, Mexico, be sure to research the surgeon’s qualifications and obtain patient references from them. You should also ask for before and after pictures to ensure you get the results you want.
- Make sure to bring proper documentation for your trip.
- While Guadalajara is one of the safest cities in Mexico, it is a good idea to avoid walking around the city after dark.
- Avoid pickpockets by keeping your wallet close to you. Do not wear valuable jewelry or carry a lot of cash. It is best to try to blend in and to stick to tourist areas.
- You may find it helpful to take along an English-Spanish dictionary while you are traveling around.
If you want to tighten your tummy without your medical bills piling up to the roof, undergoing a tummy tuck in Guadalajara is a cost-effective method to obtain a flat stomach. Guadalajara is a charming, safe city filled with historical architecture; its low-key nature is perfect for those who seek a relaxing getaway as they recover from surgery.
Mexico Health facilitates affordable medical treatments at various quality hospitals in Mexico. For more information, please submit the estimate-request form on the right.