With the cost of medical care rising, many men are taking advantage of low gynecomastia surgery cost in Mexico. Gynecomastia is an embarrassing condition which many males struggle with, but few can afford treatment for. If your condition isn’t covered by insurance, low cost gynecomastia treatment in Tijuana and other Mexican destinations can be an easy way to restore your confidence.
What is Gynecomastia?
Gynecomastia is a condition in which the male breast becomes abnormally large. It can occur at any age, and is usually the result of hormonal changes, often because of medicine or drug use, or other conditions that result in the overproduction of estrogen.
A peer-reviewed study by Bembo and Carlson published in the June 2004 issue of the Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine suggests that some degree of gynecomastia is present in about 30-50% of men. Of course, because there is a certain amount of embarrassment around the condition, its prevalence may be under-reported.
The enlargement usually goes away when its underlying cause is dealt with. For severe cases, cosmetic surgery is an option, though an expensive one. Increasingly, many are taking advantage of low male breast reduction costs abroad for surgical treatment in countries such as Mexico and Costa Rica.
Destinations for Low-Cost Male Breast Reduction Surgery
There are a number of options for patients looking for affordable male breast treatment in Mexico. Some of the most popular ones include:
- Tijuana: One of the world’s most famous border cities, Tijuana is only a short drive from San Diego. Male breast swelling treatment in Tijuana is a good option for anyone living in southern California.
- Guadalajara: The country’s second-largest city, Guadalajara is a popular destination for medical tourism due to its highly educated population and large number of clinics. Because of this, there are a large number of English-speaking surgeons specializing in breast reducing surgery in Guadalajara.
- Cancun: Popular for its sandy beaches and historic Mayan ruins, Cancun is an accessible destination that, in recent years, has attracted a large number of medical tourists. Heavily discounted airfare makes traveling for enlarged breasts surgery in Cancun particularly attractive.
- Ciudad Juarez: Low cost male large breasts surgery in Ciudad Juarez is available just across the bridge from neighboring El Paso, Texas. The difference in male breasts surgery prices in Mexico and the US means that this short walk can save you as much as 80%.
Medical Trip to Mexico – Useful Information
Mexico is a diverse country that has far more to it than the popular depiction of sombreros and cactus plants. The weather and culture vary widely throughout the country; always check local conditions before planning a trip. That said, patients traveling to take advantage of economical breast liposuction in Mexico should be aware of the following:
- Spanish is the official language, though English is widely spoken, particularly among those in the tourism and health industries.
- A Mexican tourist visa is good for 180 days.
- Mexicans are generally quite friendly. In most places, it is considered rude not to say “hello” (hola), “see you later” (hasta luego) and “thank you” (gracias), even to strangers.
- Mexicans are proud of their rich food tradition. Take time to try some of the local favorites, including cochinita pibil (slow roasted pork) from the Yucatan, and the numerous varieties of mole sauce from Oaxaca and Puebla.
How Much Does Male Enlarged Breasts Surgery Cost in Mexico?
The price of a male breast enlargement cure in Mexico can be as much as 40 to 60% lower than in the United States, even when travel costs are factored in. For people living in or near a border town, savings can be even greater.
In the past, the stigma attached to surgery for male breast development would have deterred all but the most desperate to travel to this Latin American medical destination for having their condition treated. However, times are changing, and medical tourism is becoming increasingly accepted among anyone looking to save money. According to an article by Walecia Konrad published in the New York Times on March 20, 2009, “at least 85,000 Americans choose to travel abroad for medical procedures each year”.
Medical tourists to Cancun, Tijuana, or elsewhere can take advantage not only of low gynecomastia surgery prices in the healthcare tourism country, but also of reduced wait times compared to in the US facilities.
The decision to pursue surgical solutions to enlarged male breasts is not one to be taken lightly. Though low gynecomastia surgery cost in Mexico may be attractive, always discuss treatment options with your doctor before proceeding.
Submit the free quote-request form on the right for more information on Gynecomastia Surgery Cost in Mexico.