Breast Reduction in Guadalajara – Mexico
Discomfort, pain in the neck, back and shoulders, loss of balance, and emotional stress are just some of the problems experienced by women with overly large breasts. Breast reduction in Guadalajara, Mexico is a viable way to make those issues go away without the heavy burden of high medical costs. There may be many medical tourists who get breast implants in Mexico, but a notable percentage of patients require reduction to improve the appearance of their chest, especially men.
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), gynecomastia, or the abnormal development of large mammary glands in males resulting in breast enlargement, accounts for over 65 percent of all male breast disorders. Furthermore, as per the ASPS 2011 Plastic Surgery Statistics Report, there were 20,000 breast reduction surgeries performed in the US in 2011, ranking fourth in the top five male cosmetic surgical procedures for that year. Men can now say goodbye to this embarrassing problem with affordable gynecomastia treatment in Guadalajara, MX.
What is Breast Reduction?
Here is an overview of the procedure for those considering breast reduction surgery in Guadalajara, Mexico:
- Breast reduction, also called reduction mammaplasty, involves the removal of excess fat, glandular tissue, and skin from the breasts. The aim of the surgery is to make the breast size proportionate with the patient’s body to eliminate discomfort.
- An incision is made around the nipple and continued in a straight vertical line to the breast crease. For some with extremely large breasts, a nipple graft may be required wherein the nipple is removed and reattached at a higher point on the breast.
- There are some patients who may only need to undergo liposuction breast reduction in Guadalajara, Jalisco to reduce their breast size. In most cases, liposuction is just part of the whole procedure.
- Affected males should take advantage of the equally affordable breast reduction for men in Guadalajara, MX to finally put an end to their embarrassing condition.
- Patients contemplating breast reduction cosmetic surgery in Mexico are advised to talk to their doctor about possible complications, such as allergic reactions, blood clots, changes in breast and nipple sensation and inability to breastfeed.
Advantages of Breast Reduction Surgery in Guadalajara, Mexico
- Potential medical tourists will generate huge savings as breast reduction prices in Guadalajara are quite low compared to what they will have to pay in high-income countries. This is true for other cosmetic surgeries as well and is the primary reason a lot of medical tourists from the US and Canada choose to have cosmetic procedures such as nose surgery, breast augmentation, and even tummy tuck in Guadalajara and other Mexican medical tourism hotspots.
- Breast reduction cost in Guadalajara, Mexico is a pittance when compared with the prices commanded by the surgery in North America and West Europe, but patients can rest assured that medical treatments there are in line with the international standards.
- A lot of accomplished cosmetic surgeons in Mexico are board certified and have years of experience and training abroad, mainly in the US and Europe. Quite a few of them can also speak English quite well and are very accommodating even to foreign patients.
- Patients can choose from many ISO-certified and JCI-accredited hospitals in Mexico. These hospitals are known for their state-of-the-art facilities, modern amenities, and high hygiene standards.
- Waiting period is not a problem in Mexican hospitals.
Breast Reduction in Guadalajara – Tips for Medical Tourists
- Before and/or after undergoing breast reduction surgery in Guadalajara, Mexico, patients and their families can take out time to visit some of the most spectacular tourist attractions in the city. Some of the must-visits are the Zoologico Guadalajara, the Centro de Ciencia y Tecnologia Planetario, the Selva Magica children’s amusement park and the Teatro Degollado.
- It doesn’t hurt to learn some useful Spanish phrases while in Mexico, such as:
- Yes – Si
- Please – Por favor
- Thank you – Gracias
- My name is… – Mi nombre es…
- Can you help me? – Puede ayudarme?
- In addition to keeping your passport and important travel documents safe, it is wise to scan and save them in your email so they can be accessed anywhere even if they’re lost.
- The US dollar is widely accepted in Mexico, but tourists are advised to carry smaller denominations of the Mexican peso for making small purchases and giving tips.
- Avoid the months from June to September for your breast reduction in Guadalajara, Mexico as this time period is synonymous with heavy rains. Remember to bring with you some casual and comfortable clothes and shoes, a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen lotion.
- Guadalajara is in the hinterlands of Mexico. Keep logistics in mind when zeroing your destination for breast reduction. Breast reduction in Tijuana rather than in Guadalajara will be more viable for those from California. Arizonans, Texans, and New Mexicans can weigh breast reduction in Ciudad Juarez. The Mexican border city is only about 10 miles from El Paso, Texas.
After making sure all the precautionary measures have been taken into consideration, including finding a reputable surgeon and hospital, patients can leave their worries behind and go ahead with breast reduction in Guadalajara, Mexico.
Mexico Health facilitates affordable medical treatments at various quality hospitals in Mexico. For more information, please submit the estimate-request form on the right.