Gastric sleeve in Guadalajara, Mexico can be a worthwhile solution for the obese people who can’t afford to have a weight reduction procedure in their home country owing to extremely high costs and long waiting times. Every year, thousands of people from all parts of the world, including the US, Canada, the UK, France and Germany, opt for low cost, high quality weight loss surgery in Mexico. And Guadalajara, the capital of the Mexican state of Jalisco, has ensconced itself as a prime destination for easy-on-the-pocket bariatric procedures.
Gastric Sleeve Surgery – A Brief Overview
- Gastric sleeve surgery is also referred to as sleeve gastrectomy (SG), gastric sleeve resection, tube gastrectomy, and vertical sleeve gastrectomy (VSG).
- It is a minimally invasive laparoscopic bariatric procedure in which a large portion of the stomach is surgically removed, with the gastric space reduced by about 60%-85%. Reduction of gastric space helps curtail consumption of food, thereby leading to weight loss.
- The reduced stomach resembles a sleeve or a banana, hence the name gastric sleeve.
- A study by BE Bayham, FL Greenway, et al published in the January 2012 issue of the peer-reviewed journal Diabetes Technology and Therapeutics shows that vertical sleeve gastrectomy can be considered by obese individuals with Type 2 Diabetes (T2D). Vertical sleeve gastrectomy is known to resolve T2D in the obese.
Gastric Sleeve in Guadalajara, Mexico – Key Advantages
There are a number of reasons why many medical tourists, especially those from the US and Canada opt for gastric sleeve in Mexico and Guadalajara in particular. A few of the key advantages of tube gastrectomy in Guadalajara, Mexico are:
- Be it gastric sleeve or lap band in Guadalajara, Mexico, the costs related to the surgery will be minuscule, vis-à-vis the costs charged in a First World country. The cost of gastric sleeve surgery in Guadalajara, Mexico can be half of the price charged in the United States, Canada, the UK, and other developed countries.
- Convenience of travel has made Mexico a favorite medical destination for US patients. It takes just a few hours of air travel to reach Guadalajara from most American cities.
- Top-quality medical care is provided by the leading hospitals in Guadalajara, Mexico.
- Reputable medical facilities use the latest techniques, advanced technologies and modern equipment to perform gastric sleeve surgery in Guadalajara, Mexico.
- Weight loss surgeries, such as sleeve gastrectomy, gastric bypass and lap band in Mexico, are performed by highly trained and experienced obesity surgeons. Several gastric sleeve surgeons in Mexico have obtained their training from internationally-renowned medical institutes in the US, Canada, and European countries.
- Though Spanish is widely spoken in Mexico, most doctors, surgeons and medical workers in the country speak English well, making it easier for foreigners to communicate.
- Overseas patients opting for gastric sleeve resection in Guadalajara, Mexico will not have to countenance long waiting lines synonymous with the overtaxed healthcare systems of the UK and Canada.
Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Guadalajara, Mexico – Key Considerations
There are certain important factors you have to consider when planning for vertical sleeve gastrectomy in Guadalajara, Mexico. Some of the key considerations are:
- Vertical sleeve gastrectomy (VSG) is an irreversible procedure. After your sleeve surgery the size of your stomach is altered permanently, and it can’t be restored to its original size.
- Apart from Guadalajara, patients can also seek sleeve gastrectomy in Tijuana, Mexicali and other cities along the US-Mexico border. This will further help curtail travel costs.
- Check the credentials of the bariatric surgeon. Verify if the surgeon is licensed. Ask for references and read testimonials by other patients.
- Find out when you have to check-in for VSG in Guadalajara, Mexico and how many days you will stay there before and after your weight-loss surgery.
- Evaluate the cost of sleeve gastrectomy Guadalajara, Mexico carefully. Consider the travel and accommodation costs of bringing a support companion, too.
Obesity rates are increasing alarmingly throughout the globe. As per a report by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OCED) published on September 23, 2010, nearly 50% people in half of the OCED member countries are overweight or obese. The report further states that more than two out of three people in the United States, the UK, and France will be obese within ten years.
This increase in the number of obese patients has also lead to the rise in demand for bariatric procedures around the world. Low-cost of gastric sleeve in Guadalajara, Mexico, coupled with top-notch quality of healthcare and easy accessibility from the US and Canada has made this vacation spot a popular medical tourism destination as well.
Submit the free quote request form on the right for more information on Gastric Sleeve in Guadalajara – Mexico.