Gastric band surgery has become the revolutionary procedure that gives people another chance at a healthy life. But the procedure is quite costly and is barely covered by the average healthcare plan.Thousands of people are opting to offset their costs by getting low price lap band surgery in Guadalajara, Mexico, a thriving city, rich with history and culture which is also home to some of the most reputable surgeons in Mexico. Bariatric surgery in Mexico can be a worthwhile option because of its affordability and high quality.
It is estimated that an obese person is over three times more like to develop diabetes, high blood pressure and gallbladder disease. Weight loss severely reduces these common risks. Obesity is measured by the body mass index (BMI) and waist circumference. The BMI of a healthy person is under 30.
Gastric Band Surgery Explained
Before opting for affordable lap band surgery in Guadalajara, Mexico, here are a few things that you need to know about the surgery:
- Gastric band surgeons perform a strategized operation that positions a silicone gastric band to tighten the stomach.
- The outcome is a person with a smaller stomach, which allows for substantially less food intake. Ultimately, the person eats significantly less and achieves the desired weight loss goal.
- Lap banding, an alternative name for gastric band surgery, is a minimally invasive and reversible procedure and involves no excising or stapling of the stomach.
- Not only is the gastric band procedure a method for weight loss, it is also a potential cure for Type II Diabetes.
- According to the study Effect of Lap-Band-induced weight loss on type 2 diabetes mellitus and hypertension by Ponce J, Haynes B, Paynter S, et al., published in the Nov-Dec 2004 edition of the Obesity Surgery journal, “dramatic improvement in – and frequent resolution of – diabetes and hypertension have been observed as a result of weight loss after Lap Band surgery”.
Why Opt for Gastric Band Surgery in Guadalajara, Mexico?
- Gastric band surgery or weight loss band surgery can burn a huge hole in the pocket in the US, the UK, and a host of other affluent countries of the world. In comparison, lap band surgery in Mexico can cost 50 to 70 percent less, even after travel and lodging expenses are taken into consideration.
- Gastric band prices in Guadalajara are lower than the prices in the US and Canada since the general cost of living is considerably lesser than in Europe and North America.
- Consequentially, cost of lodging, food, and hospital services and the surgeon’s fees are lower in Guadalajara.
- Furthermore, you don’t have to wait for months for undergoing gastric band procedure in Guadalajara, unlike in the other parts of North America.
- Low cost, all inclusive gastric band packages in Guadalajara may include all of your medical fees, accommodations, airfare, transportation, follow-up care, and destination tourist information.
- Quite a few good gastric band surgeons in Guadalajara have studied in Western Europe and North America.
- There are many sights to see in this metropolitan city.
- Guadalajara has been ranked as having the second highest economical potential in North America, behind Chicago. In 2007, FDI Magazine named Guadalajara a “City of the Future.”
Sights to See in Guadalajara
- The Degollado Theater is a restored theater, rich in culture and artistic flair. Grab tickets to a show or take a seat at one of the traditional Mexican coffee shops.
- The Bosque La Primavera is a protected natural park, known as the “lungs of the city” of Guadalajara. Discover its extreme natural beauty.
- Templo de la Luz delMundo is an extravagantly designed church. Translated to “The Light of the World,” the temple is said to be a true wonder of the ancient world.
Stomach Band Surgery in Guadalajara – Useful Tips
- Numerous doctors specialize in weight loss band surgery in Guadalajara and prospective patients are advised to carefully weigh the pros and cons of undergoing laparoscopic gastric band surgery in Guadalajara.
- A reputable hospital in Guadalajara will have major facilities, such as the blood bank, ICU, MRI and X-ray.
- Verifying the staff’s credentials is equally as important. Make sure the surgeon is certified by the medical board.
- In addition, confirming that the hospital staff speaks English is essential since most people in Mexico speak Spanish.
- Do not fall for a hospital or clinic which offers the cheapest package.
- Go through patient testimonials and reviews before opting for a Guadalajara hospital.
- Californians can consider undergoing lap band surgery in Tijuana. Tijuana is only 17 miles from San Diego, CA.
Thousands of obese patients have successfully undergone low price lap band surgery in Guadalajara, Mexico. The procedure is performed more and more every day and the cost is very attractive for people in North America and Europe.
Ask for a free quote on medical packages and begin the rewarding process of weight loss and health improvement today!
Mexico Health facilitates affordable medical treatments at various quality hospitals in Mexico. For more information, please submit the estimate-request form on the right.