With the cost of dental care rising in the United States, more and more Americans are going on dental trips to Los Algodones – Mexico. According to an article by Anthonia Akitunde published in the news source, The Huffington Post on June 4, 2012, around 600,000 Americans will travel abroad to places such as Mexico for dental tourism and medical tourism in 2012. If you travel for dental treatments in Los Algodones – Mexico it is likely that you will save from 40% to 70% on your total oral treatment, even after you include the cost of travel and accommodation.
Why Do People Go on Dental Trips to Los Algodones, Mexico?
There are many reasons why dental travel to Algodones, Mexico is gaining popularity. Some of those reasons include:
- Cost effective dental treatment. With the low cost of dental work in Los Algodones – Mexico you can expect to save 40%-60% off the total expense.
- Los Algodones is a safe Mexican city. Compared to other Mexican border towns, Algodones has more or less been insulated from drug-related gang wars.
- You get quality dental care. There are a number of well-equipped dental clinics in Algodones which pay special attention to hygiene and quality. You will also find dental clinics with labs in Algodones.
Dental travel to Algodones, Mexico can be optimized by clubbing more than one procedure together in the same trip. If you would like to get your teeth whitened and dental implants in Los Algodones, Mexico in the same trip, your overall savings will be higher. The American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons reports that 69% of adults aged 35-44 years have lost one or more teeth. If you fall in that bracket, then you may want to consider availing individual dental implants or a full mouth restoration in Los Algodones at the time of your teeth whitening to get the most savings.
- Opportunity to holiday. Dental tourism in Los Algodones, Mexico enables you to take a break from the routine and get away. Many Americans love to go on dental tours in Los Algodones because of the great food and the great shopping bargains galore, which is an added bonus.
- It’s very close by. Mexico’s popularity Americans as a medical tourism destination has been bolstered because of its geographical proximity. Traveling to Los Algodones for a dental tour is easy particularly because it is a mere two hours from San Diego. If you take a domestic flight to the San Diego airport, it is very simple to cross the border by rented car or bus. Algodones is only about 8 miles from Yuma, Arizona.
These are just a few reasons why dental holidays in Los Algodones are popular with Americans.
Dental Tourism in Los Algodones, Mexico – Things You Should Know
- To cross the border you do not need a passport or a visa (provided you are an American or a Canadian).
- You do need a valid state-issued identification card such as a driver’s license.
- If you are booking a flight to San Diego or Yuma, you should do so at least four weeks in advance in order to get the most savings.
- You should try to find out about the dentist in Los Algodones who would be treating you. Though there are a number of US-returned dental doctors in Algodones, going through a handful of patient testimonies and feedback will always help you save from a bad experience.
These are just a few helpful hints to make your dental trip to Los Algodones, Mexico go as smoothly as possible.
Mexico Health facilitates affordable Dental Trips to Los Algodones – Mexico. For more information, please submit the estimate-request form on the right.