With the cost of healthcare rising, many uninsured American women are finding it increasingly difficult to afford important procedures. If you are suffering from a painful vaginal cyst, traveling for Bartholin gland marsupialization in Mexico can be an inexpensive way to get the treatment you need. It’s no surprise more and more women are taking advantage of its low prices and other gynecological procedures, such as fibroid tumor surgery in Mexico.
The Procedure Explained
Marsupialization is a common treatment for a recurrent cyst or abscess in the Bartholin’s glands or greater vestibular glands. The procedure involves suturing a permanent slit into the affected gland, allowing it to drain freely. According to a study by Hill and Lense, published in American Family Physician, the recurrence rate of cysts after this procedure is around 10%.
Bartholin Cyst Surgery in Mexico – Why Consider It?
The most compelling reason to pursue the surgery in this Latin American healthcare destination is the lower price of the procedure compared to the US. Bartholin’s gland cyst removal costs in Mexico are anywhere 50-70% less than in the US and Canada. The savings are largely because of the lower cost of living in the country, and do not mean compromises being made in the level of care administered.
Marsupalization of Bartholin Gland: Treatment Options
Mexico is a diverse country with many options for medical tourists. Travel to and from the country is fast and easy for residents of the US and Canada. Here are some common destinations for Bartholin abscess treatment in Mexico:
- Border towns: Residents of Arizona, Texas, New Mexico, and Southern California can take advantage of low-cost medical treatment in a Mexican border town. Popular options include Tijuana (17 miles from San Jose, California), Ciudad Juarez (a ten minute walk from El Paso) and Mexicali, which shares a border with Calexico, California.
- Guadalajara: The country’s second largest city, Guadalajara, located in the state of Jalisco, offers a cosmopolitan experience for medical tourists interested in avoiding the country’s massive, chaotic capital. Visitors can enjoy fine cuisine and exciting nightlife while receiving treatment at one of the city’s many clinics catering to foreign visitors.
- Cancun: Duly famous for its party scene, Cancun has much to offer medical tourists. The city is home to world-class clinics, and many tranquil beaches are just a short drive down the coast. As well, many resorts partner with airlines to offer discounted flights from several major US cities.
No matter where you choose to receive Bartholin cyst treatment in this Latin American tourism destination, remembering a few simple things will ensure your trip is trouble-free.
- Spanish is the country’s official language. While many doctors have trained abroad and speak English, your trip will go a lot smoother if you bring along a Spanish language phrasebook.
- American citizens can obtain a tourist visa when crossing through immigration, usually good for 180 days.
- The country’s largest international airports are in Mexico City and Cancun.
- Your trip for a greater vestibular glands treatment to this colorful tourism hub is a great opportunity to try some of the country’s food specialties. Cochinita pibil, a sweet and spicy pork dish, is a specialty of the Yucatan peninsula. Be sure to also try ceviche (fish or seafood cured in lime), tamales (meat and corn meal steamed in corn husk) and chiles rellenos (chiles stuffed with cheese or meat).
With healthcare costs rising between 7-8% annually, according to a March 29, 2012 CNNMoney article, it’s no surprise that Americans are looking for new ways to save on medical procedures. More and more American women are turning for gynecological procedures, such as a Bartholin cyst excision or laparoscopic ovarian cyst surgery in Mexican medical cities.
Whether or not travel for a Bartholin gland marsupialization in Mexico is the right choice for you will ultimately depend on a number of factors. Be sure to discuss your options with your family doctor or OB/GYN before making any decisions.
Submit the free quote request form on the right for more information on Bartholin Gland Marsupialization in Mexico.