Obese individuals from developed countries, such as the US and Canada, eager to do away with their corpulence but discouraged by pricey weight-loss surgery (WLS) in their local hospitals, can now decide to undergo gastric sleeve in Cancun at a pocket-friendly price. Apart from benefiting from the cut-rate prices, WLS clients in Cancun will get the opportunity to receive superior medical care at some of the best hospitals outside of their home, that too without traversing a large distance.
The availability of excellent healthcare service in Mexico has caused medical tourists from different parts of the world to land here. Now you must be thinking, “Don’t people bother about the quality?” Well ask yourselves, “Had the treatment standards not been acceptable, would bariatric surgery in Mexico be considered by a multitude of Americans and Canadians?
Amongst the various bariatric facilities in Mexico, Cancun offers weight-reduction clients with a high quality, yet cost-effective option for the curbing of excessive bulkiness. Now would you rather put up with the torments of weight-related complications all your life or avail inexpensive sleeve surgery right across the border?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in 2009-2010 more than one-third of U.S. adults (35.7%) were obese. Obesity’s ill-effects include low self-esteem and a life fraught with various medical conditions such as type 2 diabetes, cancer, hypertension, arthritis, heart disease, and sleep apnea.
A gastric sleeve in Cancun, Mexico will also allow potential clients to pamper themselves with a tropical holiday in a city that abounds in sun, beaches, spring breakers, night clubbers, and more recently, medical tourists.
An Overview of Sleeve Surgery
- Also known as sleeve gastrectomy or vertical sleeve gastrectomy (VSG), gastric sleeve surgery is a weight-reduction procedure that permanently reduces the size of the stomach by removing about 80-85% of it.
- VSG is an irreversible procedure; it is mostly performed using a laparoscope.
- The reduced stomach aids the dieting efforts by creating a feeling of fullness even after consuming small meals.
- Gastric sleeve surgery is recommended for people with a body mass index (BMI) of 35 or more.
- This surgery is ideal for morbidly obese people for whom traditional weight loss measures, such as exercising and dieting, fail to yield any results.
Average Weight Loss with Sleeve Gastrectomy
According to the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) Health System, sleeve gastrectomy patients lose 40 to 60 percent of their extra bodyweight within the first one to two years of undergoing the surgery.
However, one should not assume that merely undergoing the surgery would lead to a significant reduction in their body weight. While choosing to undergo this surgery, you should mentally prepare yourself to adhere to lifelong dietary restrictions and exercise routine, as prescribed by your surgeon. It is crucial for you to understand that failure on your part to stick to your doctor’s recommendations would make rapid weight reduction and its maintenance a distant dream for you, even after spending your money and time.
Gastric Sleeve Specials in Cancun
Having a sleeve surgery in Cancun comes with various benefits, many of which are outlined here:
- The low price of sleeve gastrectomy in Cancun acts as a primary pull factor for the budget conscious weight-loss tourist.
- The hospitals in our network in Cancun, Mexico offer gastric sleeve surgery using ultra-modern equipment and the latest technology. Rest assured that sterilization and infection is not an issue in such centers as patient care and safety is of prime importance for the sustenance of the Mexican medical industry.
- Patients here can expect to be in the hands of expert gastric sleeve surgeons in Cancun, Quintana Roo, who have to their credit the experience of carrying out successful weight-loss procedures for a large American clientele every year.
- Forget about the word “queue” while visiting a Mexican hospital. Your clinic’s representative in Cancun is likely to set you an appointment with your doctor right after your arrival.
- A plus point of getting treated in North America itself is that you hardly have to bother about communication barrier with your physician. In cases of any language difficulties, an interpreter can be easily arranged.
- Availing VSG in Cancun, Mexico would also mean a cut down on the travel-related expenses compared to flying to other far-flung budget medical tourism destinations.
- The cherry on the cake is the chance to convalesce on a vivacious beach setting akin to Miami.
Cost of Sleeve Gastrectomy in Cancun, Mexico
The cost of gastric sleeve surgery in Cancun is trifle when compared with the cost of the same in the US and Canada. You easily expect to save 50-60 percent on the cost of gastric sleeve, in Cancun, Quintana Roo.
Now if you are thinking “there must be a hitch somewhere,” bank on it that cost doesn’t compromise quality in Cancun. As mentioned earlier, we work with reputed hospitals in Mexico that boast of excellent infrastructure, highly-qualified surgeons, and almost nil waiting periods.
The comparatively lower cost of living in the country enables healthcare providers in Mexico to extend their services at an inexpensive rate. Also due to the same cause, other benefits, such as minimal transportation cost, inexpensive accommodation, and low-cost meals and daily provision, are passed on to the patients.
The money saved on this account can either be used for financing a vacation in Mexico, or for undergoing some other treatment.
What if your VSG Fails?
Bariatric sleeve surgery in Cancun, Mexico is a reliable option for morbidly obese patients to cut their weight, but sometimes complications can arise. Therefore, it helps to know what steps a person can take should things not go as planned.
A reputed weight-loss surgeon from Cancun talks about the alternatives available to a person whose sleeve gastrectomy surgery has failed.
Following is the video narration:
“Gastric sleeve fails, you can do three things: re-staple, re-sleeve, which I don’t like too much because you have a very high risk of leakage.
“Plicate, what is plicate? With switcher, making the sleeve shorter. And the other one, which works the best, is to change the sleeve into a gastric bypass.”
A gastric sleeve in Cancun is certain to boost your happiness quotient by gifting you with good health and renewed vitality, provided you make proper arrangements for your medical journey in the city. Prior confirmation of the duration details of the procedure is imperative for scheduling your hospital visit and stay. Also, bear in mind to organize your medical documents well in advance because you would have to furnish all your health-related information to your doctor in Cancun so that he/she can assess your suitability for the surgery.
So why bear the flab when a hassle-free medical trip clubbed with a rejuvenating tropical vacation is on offer for you at such concessional rates?
For more information on gastric sleeve in Cancun, Mexico, fill-out the estimate-request form on the right.