Post pregnancy, women may have to deal with various issues such as stretch marks, sagging abdominal skin, and misshaped breasts.
Surgical options to reduce the unwanted effects of child bearing include liposuction, abdominoplasty, breast lifts, and breast augmentation. Such procedures are clubbed into a single comprehensive package known as Mommy Makeover.
Mommy Makeover or plastic surgery after childbirth in Mexico is carried out at very affordable prices without compromising on the quality of medical care.
Common Mommy Makeover Procedures
Some of the common cosmetic surgical procedures for moms include:
- Breast Lift, which involves the removal of excess skin in and around the breast. This surgery helps in restoring sagging breasts to their natural form that existed prior to breast feeding or weight complications.
- Breast Augmentation, which essentially refers to cosmetic enhancement of the breasts through the insertion of saline, silicone, or gel based implants.
- Tummy Tuck or Abdominoplasty, which is primarily body contouring for moms by tightening the abdominal wall. This surgery helps to undo the damages of pregnancy on the abdomen by removing excess skin and fat. It thus results in removal of stretch marks as well as the distortion, if any in the belly button.
- Liposuction, which involves the removal of unwanted fat deposits from the body with the help of a tube and vacuum based techniques.
Why Mexico for Mommy Makeover?
Getting your mommy makeover in Mexico may be an extremely prudent decision. A mommy makeover will cost you much lower than in the United States or Canada. In addition, the quality of healthcare in the country is exceptional. Some of the factors which make the country the destination of choice with respect to cosmetic surgery for moms include the following:
- There are nine JCI (Joint Commission International) accredited hospitals in Mexico. A JCI accreditation bears testimonial to a medical institution’s commitment towards quality and innovation.
- The country has the third highest number of surgeons affiliated to the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS) after United States and Brazil.
- Many of the doctors and surgeons practicing here are American Board certified and have practiced abroad as well.
- According to a 2005 report by Fox news the cost of Mommy Makeovers in Mexico is about one-third of the prices charged in the USA.
- There are almost no waiting periods involved for such procedures and patients can expect immediate treatment.
- The country’s extent of development can be judged by the fact that the country boasts of a GDP of one trillion dollars and a literacy rate of about 93% (As per UNICEF data).
- A 2011 report by market research firm KPMG puts the number of uninsured Americans at 32 million and uninsured Americans at 250 million. Many such Aesthetic procedures may not be covered by your health insurance provider. Therefore, for any mommy, Cosmetic surgery in Mexico may be extremely pocket- friendly.
- According to the same report, every year 40000-80000 American seniors choose the country as their retirement destination due to the high quality private healthcare available at affordable prices.
Tips for Moms Considering Makeover Abroad
- Getting to Mexico is quite easy. There are about 40 official border crossing points between the country and the United States. There are multiple cruising options to the country as it is an extremely popular cruise destination. It is also possible to fly directly into the country without any plane changes from 30 U.S. destinations.
- U.S. and Canadian citizens can enter the country without a passport based on other official documents and proofs of citizenship such as Driving license, original birth certificate and more.
- While tummy tucks, body sculpting via liposuction, breast lifts, and other plastic surgeries in Mexico are lowly priced, you need to ensure that your surgeon has the necessary license to carry out these procedures.
- Mommy Makeovers here are usually carried out by highly qualified surgeons using innovative technology. However, there have been rare instances of scarring, failed surgeries, and so on. Hence you need to weigh the pros and cons before deciding to undergo such cosmetic surgery.
A trip to Mexico promises more than just plastic surgery for moms. It also includes a great holidaying opportunity for the mom and her accompanying guest. From ancient Mayan relics, to resplendent wildlife to extraordinary beaches, the country is an unforgettable experience. It is also known world over for its spicy cuisine, local Tequila, and its cow boy culture. Your jaunt across the border will be more than just a Mommy Makeover trip.
Mexico Health facilitates affordable medical treatments at various hospitals under its network in Tijuana, Puerto Vallarta, Cancun, Guadalajara, Mexicali, and Ciudad Juarez. For more information and FREE quote, submit the estimate–request form on the right.