If you haven’t lost weight despite sweating it out at the gym and observing umpteen diet plans and are looking for a low cost surgical option to combat obesity, you can consider affordable gastric bypass in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
This Mexican city is one of the popular value-for-money destinations for medical procedures in the world. Thousands of medical tourists flock to Puerto Vallarta for lumbar surgery, bariatric surgery, and a host of other procedures. Cost of gastric bypass surgery in Mexico is quite low compared to the cost of the procedure in the developed countries of the world such as the US and the UK.
What is Gastric Bypass Surgery?
Before getting to know more about Gastric Bypass operation in Puerto Vallarta, let us understand what the weight loss surgery is all about.
- Morbidly obese people (with a BMI of more than 40) make ideal candidates for the bariatric surgery.
- Patients with a lower BMI (35 to 39) who are suffering from co-morbidities of obesity such as diabetes and hypertension also make good candidates for gastric bypass.
- This surgery involves dividing the stomach into two parts – a small upper pouch and a relatively larger lower pouch.
- The smaller pouch is directly connected with the intestine.
- As a result of this procedure, a major part of the stomach and the upper portion of the small intestines get bypassed. This results in lesser calorific absorption.
- The weight loss results post gastric bypass show up after a year’s time.
- As per the study titled Long-Term Mortality after Gastric Bypass Surgery by Ted D. Adams, Richard E. Gress, et al. published in the New England Journal of Medicine on August 23, 2007, gastric bypass surgery helps in drastically reducing mortality from diabetes and cardiovascular diseases in the long run.
Why Opt for Gastric Bypass in Puerto Vallarta?
The reasons are aplenty, some of which are as follows:
- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico has a growing number of state-of-the-art hospitals.
- Another reason is the low cost of gastric bypass in Puerto Vallarta Mexico.
- Undergoing gastric bypass or sleeve gastrectomy in Mexico and particularly in Puerto Vallarta would mean getting treated by highly qualified and experienced, board certified bariatric surgeons.
- Another advantage is no waiting lines for getting the treated at reputable Mexico hospitals equipped with modern and advanced infrastructural facilities.
- Language barriers are virtually non-existent. Most of the good hospitals in Puerto Vallarta have bi-lingual staff.
- Those who lack the financial resources to self-pay for gastric bypass surgery in Puerto Vallarta can opt for medical loans available on easy terms.
Boasting of an international airport, Puerto Vallarta is easily reachable. With flights arriving daily from all acrossAmericaand world, the number of happy and satisfied medical tourists seems to be ever expanding.
- Weight loss surgery in Mexico allows the medical tourists to not only tackle with their weight issues but also soak in the beautiful pristine surroundings of the country, its beautiful locations and inviting beaches.
- You can visit the Vallarta Botanical Gardens, watch traditional Mexican bullfighting, be a part of the eco tours, and take a leisurely stroll on the picturesque Vallarta beaches.
Considering Gastric Bypass in Puerto Vallarta – Some Tips
It is always useful bear the following points in mind in case you are considering the city for any medical reasons:
- Puerto Vallarta, also known as PVR, PV, Porto Vallarta, or simply Vallarta, is the soul of Mexico.
- Patients considering gastric bypass operation in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico must openly discuss all the issues with the concerned authorities at the hospital.
- Discuss with your surgeon in Mexico all the pre-operative preparation as well as post-operative actions to follow.
- Make sure all the cost factors are talked about frankly. Keep a couple of options in hand and then make comparisons to avail of the best.
- Once you have made up your mind, remember to carry a photo-identity card and all medical related documents for your gastric bypass.
The low cost of medical facilities and gastric bypass in Puerto Vallartadoes not suggest that the quality of the treatment here is compromised in any way. Going for surgery for gastric bypass Puerto Vallarta, Mexico means you will be getting quality treatment at modern hospitals and under the guidance of qualified and experienced doctors.
Mexico Health facilitates affordable medical treatments at various quality hospitals in Mexico. For more information, please submit the estimate-request form on the right.