One way to correct misaligned jaws and teeth is orthognathic surgery. The procedure is alternatively known as corrective jaw surgery and aims at rectifying a number of dental and skeletal deformities.
Orthognathic surgery in Cancun, Mexico gives one the advantage of getting quality treatment for a price that won’t burn a hole in the pocket. Cancun is a picturesque resort city famous for its beautiful beaches, and of late, for its competitive dental tourism industry.
How Much You Save?
Cost of Orthognathic Surgery in USA
Your Savings in Mexico
Almost 70% of the US prices
Please note that the above mentioned price range for the United States is applicable for those who lack insurance. Fill our online estimate form to know how much orthognathic surgery would cost in Mexico.
The five-digit price range of corrective jaw surgery in the US is prohibitive for most of the Americans. With a thriving dental tourism industry in Cancun, orthognathic surgery which costs just a quarter of the US prices is easy to come by.
Where will Your Surgery Be Done?
Mexico Health is a stickler for high patient satisfaction levels. In our pursuit of providing high quality jaw correction surgery for only a small percentage of the US prices, we work with one of the foremost dental clinics of the resort city. We’ve enlisted some of the highlights of clinic as follows:
- Successful track record since 1983
- Dental membership:
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Water filtration system
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Dental specialists who constantly upgrade their knowledge-base
How Cancun for Jaw Surgery Scores Over Your Hometown
Whether you are an American or a Canadian, you get to enjoy a number benefits if you choose to travel to Cancun for corrective jaw surgery:
- Big Savings – We have already pointed this out in the table given above.
- Quality Care – Your surgery will be facilitated at one of the top dental facilities of the Mexican resort city.
- No Wait Times – Waiting period, the bane of the healthcare systems of Canada and the UK, is something completely non-existent in Mexico.
- Minimal Communication Problems – We, at Mexico Health, understand that easy communication, minus any language barriers, goes a long way in enhancing ones experience. Hence, the team of dental doctors we have collaborated with is English-speaking.
- Enjoying a Relaxing Holiday – The Mexican resort city abounds with natural and man-made beauty. A dental trip to the city can easily be extended into a relaxing vacation.
- Proximity – The Mexican resort city is just a two hour direct flight from Miami, Florida. Geographical proximity translates to additional savings on travel time and cost.
What is Orthognathic Surgery?
- Orthognathic surgery involves correction of skeletal deformities in the upper and lower jaw.
- It is preceded by an orthodontic treatment, which may last for weeks, to reposition the teeth correctly so that they meet the jaws correctly after the latter are moved into the correct place.
- You will have to wear fixed braces before your treatment so that your teeth are positioned accurately before surgery.
- Correction of different kinds of dental and facial deformities is as follows:
- Open bite: Some bone from that part of the upper jaw which supports teeth is removed. Plates and screws are used to hold back the jaw in place.
- Jutting out lower jaw: The rear portion of the lower jaw is separated and readjusted so that the tooth bearing portion of the lower jaw can be moved to the correct position.
- Weak chin: The surgeon removes some bone from the base of the lower jaw and pushes the jaw forward to reposition the chin to the correct place.
Is Corrective Jaw Surgery for Me?
Individuals having problems with any of the following make a candidate for jaw surgery:
- Difficulty in chewing and biting
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Speech difficulties
- Pain caused by temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders
- Excessive tooth wear and tear
- Congenital defects
- Weak lower jaw and chin
- Protruding jaw
- Difficulty in making the lips meet without straining
- Habit of breathing through the mouth
- Breathing problems faced while sleeping such as snoring (sleep apnea)
Know Your Surgery Destination
Cancún International Airport (IATA: CUN) (located about 10 km (6 miles) from the hotel area).
Tropical humid weather throughout the year.
Best Time to Visit
December to April because of great weather; this period also marks the peak season.
Though the official currency is the Mexican peso, American dollars are widely accepted too.
Greenwich Meantime (GMT)/ Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) – 6 hours
Passport and Visa
- US and Canadian citizens need a valid passport to enter Mexico.
- When entering by air, they also need to present an FMM or Forma Migratoria Multiple.
- This form can be obtained free of charge from travel agents, airlines, or the airport.
- US citizens do not need a visa for a stay of less than 180 days.
Cancun is one of the leading medical tourism destinations of Mexico located by the Caribbean. It is a pulsating resort city whose beauty is enhanced by its palm lined picturesque beaches. Some of the must-dos in and around the resort city are as follows:
- Throbbing nightlife of the hotel zone
- Mayan architecture at Chichen Itza, Tulum and Coba
- Handicrafts market at Mercado 28
- Water-sports, such as scuba diving, snorkeling, sportfishing and scuba diving
So that you don’t face any major language hurdles when out on the street, we advise you to memorize or carry a list of the following basis Spanish words and phrases:
|Excuse me (for getting attention)
|Excuse me (to pass by)
|I am sorry
|Do you speak English?
|¿Habla usted inglés?
Submit the free quote-request form on the right for more information on Orthognathic Surgery in Cancun, Mexico.