According to the article “For cheaper medical care, try Tijuana,” written by Remy Scalza and published in the Washington Post on March 4, 2011, U.S. citizens typically pay 40-50 percent less for plastic surgery in Tijuana than they would for plastic surgery in the United States.
Although cosmetic surgery costs much lower in Tijuana than in the United States, the expert training of plastic surgeons in Mexico ensures that you will be receiving the same caliber of treatment as you would in the US.
As a result, more and more people who live in bordering cities such as San Diego are hopping borders for undergoing plastic surgery in Mexico.
You can get the same types of aesthetic cosmetic surgery in the border town as you would in the United States. Besides cosmetic procedures, bariatric surgeries, and dental implants in Tijuana are popular with people from the US and Canada.
Top Cosmetic Procedures in the US
An increasing number of people are going the surgery route for enhancing their aesthetic appearance. In their annual study titled “Top Five Cosmetic Surgeries for Men/Women,” the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery reports that the top five cosmetic procedures in 2010 for women were:
- Breast augmentation
- Eyelid surgery
- Breast reduction
- Tummy tucks
The top five cosmetic procedures for men were:
- Eyelid surgery
- Abnormal mammary gland removal
- Cosmetic ear surgery
Benefits of Choosing Tijuana
There are many advantages of traveling down to Tijuana for your cosmetic surgery.
- The border city is just twenty minutes away from San Diego, which means California citizens do not have to travel far to achieve a Hollywood look.
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 49.9 million U.S. citizens do not have health insurance. Even with health insurance, only certain plastic surgery procedures are covered. Plastic surgery costs here are typically much lower than they are in the United States, so you do not have to worry about health insurance coverage.
- Hospitals in Mexico often have plastic surgeons who are certified to perform cosmetic procedures in the United States. You will be getting the same medical standards as you would in the United States.
- Patients recovering from cosmetic surgery can enjoy the warm weather and beautiful Mexican beaches. In their free time, they can visit shops that sell inexpensive jewelry and pottery. The sunny climate and relaxing atmosphere can help patients recover more quickly after surgery.
- If you are self-conscious about the temporary swelling from plastic surgery, you do not have to worry. You will be out of the country, and there will be many other patients who are recovering from plastic surgery.
Plastic Surgery Testimonial
Take a look at this video testimonial in which an American reviews abdominoplasty in the Mexican border town.
Get in touch with us through the quote-request form on the right for more such reviews and testimonials of our customers.
Some Handy Tips for Cosmetic Surgery Trip
While millions of US citizens safely travel to Mexico every year, the U.S. Department of State warns that some parts of the border town can be unsafe. Here are some tips to help you make the most of your trip:
- Stay in tourist designated areas. While criminals in Mexico do not target tourists, you run the risk of being a victim in narcotic-related activities if you venture beyond the tourist areas. Many hospitals are located in or around resort areas to ensure your safety.
- Obtain a quote for your cosmetic surgery procedure, and verify it with a staff member at the hospital you want to visit. Do not sacrifice quality for a lower price.
- Conduct thorough research on plastic surgeons and hospitals in Mexico before you go.
- Do not drink water from the tap. If you are at a beach resort, you can safely drink the water and eat the fruits and vegetables provided at meals. Outside of the resort, do not drink unbottled water or eat raw produce.
Cosmetic surgery in Tijuana provides US medical tourists with a relatively inexpensive way to improve their looks while maintaining the medical standards to which US plastic surgeons adhere.
You can receive procedures such as tummy tucks and breast lifts at half the American prices. Plan your medical trip south of the border today and get affordable cosmetic surgery, beautiful weather and a relaxing vacation all in one package!
For more information on plastic surgery in the Mexican border town, please submit the estimate-request form on the right.