If you want to replace missing teeth or badly fitted dentures, getting dental implants in Los Algodones, a Mexican border town could be an affordable option. Well-established dental professionals and topnotch dental clinics make Los Algodones a popular option for dental care in Mexico.
A report published in 2010 by the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) titled Dental Insurance for Persons under Age 65 Years with Private Health Insurance: United States, 2008 stated that nearly 45 million Americans do not have dental coverage. With such statistics, one can see why people seek remedies for their teeth-related problems by going to cities like Los Algodones for getting dental implants in Mexico. Those who don’t want to get into the interiors of the Latin American country can opt for getting dental implants in US-Mexico border area.
What are Dental Implants?
- Dental implants are substitutes for rotted or injured tooth roots. They act as the foundation upon which fixed or removable replacement teeth are placed.
- Dental implants improve the appearance of your mouth, make it easier to eat and speak, improve oral hygiene and eliminate the embarrassment of removing your dentures and the hassle of dealing with messy dental adhesives.
- According to WebMD’s oral health resource, the success or failure of teeth implants depends on where they are placed in the jaw. Nonetheless, their success rates can be an impressive 98%.
Why Get Dental Implants in Los Algodones
A 2009 study by the UCLA Center for Health Policy Research estimated that nearly 1 million residents of California went for healthcare to Mexico. A number of these medical tourists were seeking cheap dental implants in Mexico.
There are many advantages of getting dental implants in Los Algodones, Mexico. Some of the major incentives are:
- The low cost of dental implants in Los Algodones is the prime attraction. If you are looking for affordable dental implants in Baja California – Arizona border area, then Los Algodones should be high up on your list.
- Cheap dental implants in Mexico are a reality because of the low living costs in the country. Indeed, more expensive procedures such as lap band in Mexico too cost almost 50% lesser than in the US.
- The renowned hospitals and clinics in Mexico are comparable to medical centers in the United States and Europe. Following international standards, these medical facilities use cutting edge technology and modern dental equipment to provide affordable dental implants in Los Algodones, Mexico.
- There are a number of highly trained dentists in Mexico. The renowned dentists in Los Algodones, Mexico are US board certified with experience in a variety of specializations.
- Trained in the US, most of the dentists are fluent in English, and understand American concerns and nuances.
- Dental work in Mexico can be easily scheduled and does not require long waiting periods since dentists and dental facilities are readily available. Even more complicated procedures such as facelift surgery in Cancun and other parts of Mexico are done with almost no waiting time.
Visiting a dentist in Algodones, Mexico takes very little time and therefore, means lesser resources spent on travel. The proximity to the US and minimal immigration requirements make getting dental work in Los Algodones, which is in the Yuma border area, very attractive.
- The warm hospitality and concentrated healthcare facilities add to the advantages of visiting a dentist in Algodones, Mexico. The inexpensive restaurants and cheap shopping along with the warm climate make Algodones a popular destination.
- There are a number of pharmacies in Algodones which sell medications at competitive prices.
- Los Algodones is a peaceful Mexican city. Unlike other border cities in Mexico reeling under the drug-war, Los Algodones is a safe place.
Tips and Useful Info for Dental Work in Los Algodones
- Please do some in-depth research before traveling for dental work in the US-Mexico border area. This will assist you in choosing an accredited dental facility and a reputable dentist.
- Traveling in Mexico requires you to be cautious. Minimize exposure by carrying only your necessary belongings.
- US citizens need passports or passport cards to enter Mexico. If you are staying for less than 72 hours to get dental implants in the US-Mexico border zone, you will not need a visa.
- Los Algodones, officially known as Vicente Guerrero, is about 7 miles from Yuma, Arizona.
- MexicoHealth’s network dental clinic is only about two blocks from the border crossing, so you can easily reach the clinic by foot. You don’t even have to hire a cab!
- The entry point to Los Algodones from the American side is Andrade in California.
- The Yuma International Airport is only about eight miles from the border crossing point to Los Algodones.
Getting dental implants in Los Algodones, Mexico can help you find a solution to your missing teeth without spending much and without indulging in a lot of traveling. With low cost dental work in Algodones, Mexico, patients can return home with a big smile!
Mexico Health facilitates affordable medical treatments at various quality hospitals in Mexico. For more information, please submit the estimate-request form on the right.