Ventral or incisional hernia surgery in Mexico is an affordable and convenient way to correct a protrusion that occurs on or near a prior abdominal surgical incision. This surgical complication can affect anyone, from the aged to teenagers who have previously had a surgery in the abdominal area.
An increasing number of medical tourists, mainly from the United States and Canada, choose to undergo incisional hernia surgery in Mexico primarily because it’s very affordable compared to how much they will pay in their homeland. According to the National Center for Health Statistics, around five million people in the US suffer from hernia but only 15% of them seek treatment. It’s highly probable that these Americans do not have health insurance or lack coverage for this kind of surgical procedure.
The cost of incisional surgery in Mexico is just a fraction of what it costs in the US and other high income countries, which is why a lot of incisional hernia patients go there instead.
Here is some quick info on incisional hernia:
- Who are more at risk for incisional hernia? These are the persons who have gained a lot of weight after an abdominal surgery, became pregnant or participated in physical activities that resulted in increased abdominal pressure, like lifting heavy objects.
- When the incision is still healing, it is more prone to hernia.
- Incisional hernia commonly occurs three to six months after surgery.
- Incisional hernia is often painless, but the patient may feel discomfort during any type of physical strains, such as coughing or lifting heavy things.
- If the hernia is becoming larger and more painful, then a hernia repair, alternatively known as hernioplasty and herniorrhaphy, is recommended right away.
Why Get Incisional Hernia Repair Surgery in Mexico?
- The low cost of treatment for incisional hernia in Mexico is the main reason more and more patients seek treatment in the country. The price of the surgery may cost about 50 percent less than in the developed countries. This affordability factor stems from the low cost of living in Mexico. Every year, thousands of medical tourists visit Mexico for all sorts of treatments – right from facelift in Cancun, tummy tuck in Guadalajara to dental implants in Tijuana – primarily because these cost a pittance compared to what one will have to shell out on them in the USA or Canada.
- Mexico is home to many state-of-the-art hospitals and medical facilities that have received accreditation from the Joint Commission International (JCI) and the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). These hospitals use only the latest medical technology and equipment at par with the norms set by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Patients can rest assured that renowned surgeons performing incisional hernia repair surgery in Mexico are highly experienced, some of whom have even had their training at reputable institutions in the US and Europe.
- Many of the reputable doctors and their support staff can communicate in English as they are used to accommodating foreign patients.
- Unlike in the US, waiting times in Mexico are shorter.
- Geographical proximity of Mexico to the US and Canada translates in reduced time and expenditure on traveling.
Traveling for Ventral Hernia Repair in Mexico – Useful Tips
- US citizens will find it very convenient to travel to Mexico either by plane or by car. There are a lot of cheap flights plying on daily basis from many American cities. If coming from Arizona or California by car, it will take only a few minutes to a few hours to reach Mexico.
- For Americans and Canadians, only a passport or any official identity card is required for entering Mexico.
- To make your stay even more enjoyable and convenient, you can learn a few Spanish phrases so you can talk with the locals during your tour. Or carry a Spanish-English dictionary to arm yourself against any potential language impediments.
- Be it ventral or umbilical hernia surgery in Mexico, it is advisable to research well about the hospital where you intend to get yourself treated. We, at Mexico Health, have a well-laid network of reputable state-of-the-art hospitals in Tijuana, Ciudad Juarez, Puerto Vallarta and major Mexican cities.
A low cost incisional hernia surgery in Mexico can help you say goodbye to the agony concomitant with tissues protruding through abdominal muscles.
Submit the free quote request form on the right for more information on Incisional Hernia Surgery in Mexico.