Single incision sleeve surgery in Mexico offers an affordable and minimally-invasive surgical solution to lose that excess baggage (read flab) you’ve been carrying around in your belly, arms, legs, neck, and not to forget, face. Diet and exercise may not be enough for overly obese people, but bariatric surgery could be of help. With single incision laparoscopic gastric sleeve surgery in Mexico, you don’t have to empty your pockets to enjoy the benefits this procedure has in store for you in the form of reduced pain, little or no scarring, and shorter recovery time.
Weight loss surgery in Mexico is popular with obese patients from the United States and Canada, owing to geographical proximity. The shorter distance and ease of travel make it more convenient for them to journey to Mexico for gastric sleeve surgery.
The Case of Obesity in the US
Obesity is a global problem, and the US is one of the most affected countries. According to Adult Obesity Facts released by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than one-third or 35.7% of American adults are obese. Furthermore, in 2008 obesity-related medical costs were projected at $147 billion, and the medical costs for obese persons were $1,429 more than the costs incurred by individuals with normal weight.
As a lot of overweight Americans are still uninsured and since most insurance providers do not cover elective surgeries, getting one incision sleeve surgery in Mexico seems like the right way to go.
Single Incision Sleeve Surgery Explained
Before making a plan for undergoing single incision sleeve surgery or SILS in Mexico, you may want to read a bit about this weight loss procedure first:
- The principles of single incision laparoscopic surgery or SILS are the same as with the conventional laparoscopic approach wherein 60%-70% of the stomach is removed to limit the food intake and reduce hunger pangs. Inexpensive gastric sleeve surgery in Mexico has already helped many obese patients become healthier.
- SILS is a more advanced, minimally invasive technique during which the surgeon operates through a single incision using a full-range-of-motion handheld laparoscopic instrument. It is done through the navel and is very aesthetic, as most patients do not have visible scars after the surgery.
- You’re a candidate for a one cut vertical sleeve gastrectomy or VSG if:
- Your body mass index is less than 45kg/m2
- You haven’t undergone a prior abdominal surgery
- You don’t have excessive fat in the abdominal area
- With this procedure, there is improved cosmesis and faster recovery. Most patients leave the hospital after only a night.
Benefits of Single Incision Gastric Sleeve Spider System in Mexico
Read on to know how you benefit of opting for single incision gastric sleeve surgery in Mexico –
- Any type of weight loss surgery in Mexico is highly affordable. The gastric sleeve surgery price in Mexico is just a fraction of the cost charged for it in the US and other First World countries.
- After you’ve achieved your ideal weight post one-incision VSG in Mexico, you can use the money saved to get a liposuction and a tummy tuck in Puerto Vallarta or wherever you’ve had your surgery to tighten that sagging skin and remove fat that exercise can’t fix anymore.
- Renowned weight loss surgeons in Mexico are highly experienced, having received their degrees and training in top institutions in the US and Europe.
- Mexico boasts of numerous world-class hospitals and cosmetic surgery clinics accredited by international bodies such as the Joint Commission International. Their facilities are state-of-the-art and they use only the latest medical technology.
- Getting a one-cut gastric sleeve in Mexico can be fun too. The inexpensive treatment, plus cheap prices of products and services in Mexico, will allow you to enjoy a relaxing vacation and see Mexico’s beautiful landscape scenery and spectacular architectural treasures.
- Mexico’s geographical proximity to the US adds to its allure as a viable gastric sleeve destination for Americans. One-cut gastric sleeve in Tijuana, for example, is a good option for Southern Californians (the Mexican border town is just a stone’s throw from the San Diego airport – 20 minutes to be more precise).
There’s A Lot More to Single Incision Sleeve Surgery in Mexico
Here are some of the top tourist spots that you can include in your itinerary before you avail single incision sleeve surgery in Mexico, if you plan to extend your medical trip to an R & R experience:
- The grand colonial city of Guanajuato (about 100 km from Guadalajara) is home to beautiful haciendas and majestic colonial buildings.
- Cozumel (90 km from Cancun) is the perfect place for scuba diving and snorkeling enthusiasts.
- The resort city of Puerto Vallarta is famous for its pristine beaches with verdant mountains in backdrop adding to their allure.
- Chichen Itza is the largest Mayan city where the temple-pyramid of El Castillo can be found, along with the Great Ballcourt and El Caracol.
Truly, Mexico is a great destination for low-cost health care and memorable vacation combined. Making all the necessary preparations and precautions can turn your single incision sleeve surgery in Mexico into one of your most meaningful life experiences.
Submit the free quote request form on the right for more information on Single Incision Sleeve Surgery in Mexico.