There are many reasons why patients travel to get prostatectomy in Mexico, but their main motivation is usually the savings they can get there. Healthcare in Mexico is so much more affordable compared to the US and Canada, which is why it is common to find people from these countries traveling south of the border for low-cost surgeries.
Prostatectomy is offered in the Mexican cities of Tijuana, Ciudad Juarez, Puerto Vallarta, Cancun, Mexicali.
- Prostatectomy is defined by the National Cancer Institute as “an operation to remove part or the entire prostate gland.”
- Prostatectomy is usually performed on patients whose prostate glands have enlarged, or those who have prostate gland tumors, which prevent the prostate gland and/or surrounding organs to function normally.
Prostatectomy in Mexico to Combat Cancer
- The National Cancer Institute’s Surveillance Epidemiology and End Results estimates that in the year 2012, 241,740 men in the US will be diagnosed with prostate cancer. By the end of the same year, an estimated 28,170 men in the US will have died because of prostate cancer.
- For people who have more severe abnormalities in their prostate gland, a radical prostatectomy can be performed, which involves the removal of the entire prostate and some surrounding tissues.
- Unfortunately, prostatectomy is a very expensive procedure, and not every patient can afford paying the bills this surgery entails. As a result, many Americans and Canadians who are unable to pay for the surgery in their home countries look to Mexican hospitals and surgeons to do the job. Radical prostatectomy in Mexico should easily fit your budget.
- Most medical tourists to Mexico opt to go to Mexican border cities like Tijuana and Ciudad Juarez. Puerto Vallarta, although farther down the border than the formerly mentioned cities, is also a popular destination.
- Alternative cancer treatment in Mexico is also available, so patients who have had prostate removal surgery in Mexico can go back for these more affordable treatments as well.
Why Get Prostate Removal Surgery in Mexico?
- Prostatectomy cost in Mexico is miniscule when compared to prices in countries like the US, Canada, or the UK. The lower cost of living in Mexico also allows for cheap hotel rates, food, and transportation fees.
- Our network hospitals that offer prostate surgery in Mexico (in Tijuana, Ciudad Juarez, and Puerto Vallarta) provide discounted packages that include lower hotel rates and free transportation for airport-hotel-hospital trips.
- Mexico is increasingly establishing its reputation as one of the most preferred medical tourism destinations in the world, so hospitals are investing in state-of-the-art technology for surgeries and other medical procedures. The hospital staff also speaks English fluently, to better serve patients from all over the world.
- There are Mexican cancer centers that also offer discounted services for patients. Some patients getting laparoscopic prostatectomy in Mexico may find it beneficial to scout some of these clinics for potential visits in the future.
- Mexico is able to compete with other countries when it comes to the excellence of its medical practitioners. There are many Mexican doctors who studied or trained abroad, and offer daVinci prostatectomy or robotic prostatectomy in Mexico at affordable prices.
Some patients do not have to travel far to access good hospitals in Mexico, as most of them are in border cities like Tijuana (near San Diego, California), and Ciudad Juarez (near El Paso, Texas). Those arriving in US airports near the border can get picked up for free by the border hospitals we work with. This proximity even allows several US residents in border cities to take the short drive to get simple dental work or cosmetic surgery in Mexico, and go back home the next day – as long as the surgeon allows it.
For those opting to get prostatectomy in Mexico, our network hospitals in Tijuana, Ciudad Juarez, and Puerto Vallarta have virtually no waiting times for scheduling patients. After all, this is a surgery that can save a patient’s life, and we understand that time is of the utmost importance for patients.
Mexico Health facilitates affordable medical treatments at various quality hospitals in Mexico. For more information, please submit the estimate-request form on the right.