Plastic surgery in Mexico has quite a bit of history. In fact, according to a paper published by the U.S. National Institutes of Health, the dawn of plastic surgery in Mexico was during the 1500s! That should give you an idea of the country’s experience in the field. Add to this the affordability factor; no surprise that droves of offshore patients flock to Mexico to undergo butt lifts, lipo, face lifts and other plastic surgeries!
These days, cheap plastic surgery in Mexico reels in interested parties from all over the globe, especially people from more developed countries. The more affordable plastic surgery prices in Mexico might make it easier for you to get what you want, especially if you live in the United States or Canada, and are closer to Mexico than other countries.
How Much Is Plastic Surgery in Mexico?
Prices definitely vary depending on the procedure, but you can be sure that plastic surgery in Mexico costs lower than what it might cost in the United States or other developed nations. Why not ask for a free quote to know about the prices of plastic surgery in Mexico!
- Prices could be as low as half (or even less) of the same procedure in the United States.
- Prices also vary depending on the hospital or institution you choose, so do your research to make sure you’re acquiring the services of board certified plastic surgeons in Mexico.
Is Plastic Surgery in Mexico Safe?
- According to the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, plastic surgery in Guadalajara Mexico in particular is growing because the city has the largest number of certified plastic surgeons in Latin America outside of Rio de Janeiro.
- Monterrey, Cancun, Tijuana, and Mexico City also have good reputations when it comes to plastic surgery.
- There are many plastic surgeons in Mexico and it is up to you to do your own digging to confirm if they’re certified and reputable.
- You do have to consider the risks, as there are stories of plastic surgery in Mexico gone wrong, but that is why you should do thorough research before you proceed.
- Aside from the surgeons themselves, you also have to look up a hospital’s reputation so you know you’re in good hands.
Is Plastic Surgery in Mexico for You?
- Hospitals all over Mexico offer most procedures such as face lifts, nose jobs, liposuction, and tummy tuck among others. But to be sure that the procedure you want done is available, ask around.
- Are you okay with getting a procedure done somewhere far from home? Even if you are going under the care of the best plastic surgeon in Mexico, it might not be easy if you’re alone.
- If it’s a necessity to have a companion when you go to Mexico, don’t forget to factor in additional expenses to make sure going there for plastic surgery is still cost-effective.
- You wouldn’t be able to consult the same doctor so easily, so make sure you have a doctor you can trust back home.
- If you live near the United States-Mexico border, seeking cosmetic plastic surgery in Mexico could be one of your best choices. Not only can you get a more affordable option, but also you’re closer home enough that you can quickly go back afterward. You could also go back to the same doctor for subsequent check-ups if needed.
Before and After Getting Plastic Surgery in Mexico
- Ask your country’s Mexican embassy for the details of the papers you need to be able to get into the country.
- There are many places (such as beaches) that you can visit in case you decide to go on a holiday on top of getting your procedure done.
- Don’t forget to leave your whereabouts to friends or family back home so they’d know where to reach you.
If you’re from North America but don’t have time to travel out of the continent and want something within your budget, this might just be the option for you. All the same, getting plastic surgery in Mexico could be just as great an option for people from other places, especially those looking to holiday at the same time.
Mexico Health facilitates affordable medical treatments at various hospitals in Mexico. For more information, submit the estimate–request form on the right.