If your gall bladder is blocked by gallstones, it can cause a lot of pain and discomfort. You can seek respite from mild symptoms ranging from dyspepsia and constant belching to biliary colic and complications like cholecystitis without spending a fortune by undergoing gallstone surgery in Mexico.
With topnotch facilities and competent surgeons, medical tourism in Mexico is a leading option with patients worldwide.
According to a report published on February 15, 2008 in ScienceDaily, gallstones are the most common and costly digestive disease in the United States, resulting in more than 800,000 hospitalizations every year and costing over five billion dollars. With approximately one million new cases being diagnosed each year in the United States, patients are constantly looking for cost-effective solutions for gallstones. And gallbladder removal in Mexico is one option that they can weigh if they want quality care for a fraction of the prices charged in the United State and Canada.
What is Gallstone Surgery?
- Gallstone surgery is an option for patients suffering from moderate to severe pain due to the presence of gallstones. Also called cholecystectomy, this surgery removes the malfunctioning gallbladder.
- Gallbladder surgery can either be an open surgery or can be done laparoscopically. Laparoscopic surgery involves making small incisions in the stomach and inserting a lighted viewing instrument called a laparoscope and surgical tools into the abdomen. This minimally invasive surgery allows for quick recovery.
- Open gallbladder surgery requires one larger incision through which the gallbladder is removed. Usually a measure of last resort, open surgery is done if complications are found during the laparoscopic procedure or if the patient has clotting problems, excessive scarring from previous operations and has an abnormal anatomy.
Irrespective of the form of operation chosen, a cholecystectomy in Mexico will provide you relief from your physical pain, without causing much financial pain!
Benefits of Choosing Gallbladder Surgery in Mexico
Mexico has become a leading destination for patients seeking all forms of care, from gastric bypass in Guadalajara to knee replacement in Ciudad Juarez.
Some of the major reasons for choosing to get gallstone treatment in Mexico are as follows:
- The surgery for gallbladder stones removal in Mexico will not cost you a bundle. You are likely to save up to 60% in cost when you head to Mexico for medical and surgical treatments.
- The leading hospitals in Mexico are global institutions. They have cutting edge technology, modern surgical equipment and high standards of hygiene. You can find a JCI-accredited hospital for yourself to avail gallstone surgery in Mexico.
- Your gallbladder surgery in Mexico will likely be performed by a highly experienced and well-known surgeon. Many of the surgeons are trained in the U.S. and are cognizant of American expectations.
- If you have any concerns about your open or laparoscopic gallstone surgery in Mexico, you can discuss them with your surgeon and assisting medical staff, who are likely to be bilingual.
- With their large number of hospitals and medical staff, you will have little trouble scheduling your laparoscopic cholecystectomy in Mexico.
- The low cost of gall bladder surgery in Mexico will make traveling through this large and beautiful country affordable. From historic ruins and stunning beaches, to distinct music and mouthwatering cuisine, Mexico is a treasure trove of travel gems.
Gallstone Surgery Mexico Trip – Making the Most of It
- Though the low gallstone surgery cost in Mexico should be one of the prime considerations, however, do research your options. Check the credentials of the medical facility and medical professional you choose, and get all the terms and conditions in writing before signing up for your surgery.
- While Mexico is constantly in the news for drug-related crimes and violence, most of the cities that cater to medical tourists are well-policed and safe. Cities like Guadalajara, Puerto Vallarta, and Cancun are popular destinations that are largely safe for tourists.
- But use common sense while traveling through Mexico for gallbladder surgery. You will find plenty to do in main tourist sites so do not stray off the regular path; avoid moving around alone after dark and leave your valuables at home.
- You must read all travel directives from the U.S. Department of State before heading to Mexico for laparoscopic gallstone surgery.
- Drug crimes are high in Mexico and carry harsh punishments. So stay away from any illegal activity, especially using, selling, or carrying illicit drugs during your gallstone treatment in Mexico.
- The emergency number in Mexico is 066.
Mexico has a range of cities that offer myriad touristy options, from whale watching and scuba diving, historic ruins and soaring religious architecture, mesmerizing Mariachi bands and spicy cuisine, to crystal clear waters and enchanting gardens.
Whether you choose to stay in the border towns of Tijuana and Ciudad Juarez or head further to Cancun and Guadalajara, every city will extend its warm hospitality amidst a plethora of sites to see and activities to do.
The low cost of gallstone surgery in Mexico, well-equipped hospitals, and able doctors, quality care and warm hospitality, will see to it that you get relief from the agony concomitant with gallstones and also spring back to your normal, healthy self!
Submit the free quote request form on the right for more information on Gallstone Surgery in Mexico.