Liposuction in Mexico is chosen by an increasing number of people every year who wish to get a more sculpted figure. Mexico is fast gaining popularity as a major medical tourism destination owing to its affordable and high quality healthcare.
According to a Wall Street Journal report dated 5th April, 2011, more than 1.6 million Americans underwent cosmetic surgery in 2010 and Liposuction remains among the top five procedures opted by patients.
With numerous state of the art hospitals in Mexico to choose from and since the cost of liposuction in Mexico is significantly lower as compared to the prices in the U.S., people now prefer getting their lipo in Mexico.
Cities such as Ciudad Juarez, Tijuana, and Puerto Vallarta are fast gaining reputation for their superlative medical services.
In fact, due to its strategic location, many patients from California and the rest of the West Coast specifically prefer to have their liposuction in Tijuana, Mexico.
Why opt for Liposuction in Mexico?
- Mexican healthcare is deemed to be at par with the best in the world. According to UNICEF data, Mexico has a life expectancy rate of 76 years and a literacy rate of 93%.
- According to the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, every year doctors perform about 500000 liposuction surgeries in the United States alone making it one of the most commonly demanded procedures.
- A 2011 report by market research firm KPMG puts the number of uninsured Americans at 32 million and under-insured Americans at 250 million.
- Procedures such as Liposuction being elective in nature are often not covered by insurance policies. Cheap liposuction in Mexico is a boon for people who cannot afford it elsewhere.
- However, low cost of liposuction in Mexico does not mean that the quality of medical care is compromised.
- There are nine JCI (Joint Commission International) accredited hospitals in Mexico. A JCI accreditation guarantees world class medical infrastructure and expertise.
- Along with traditional liposuction techniques, patients can also avail laser liposuction in Mexico.
- With Baja California being the largest medical device cluster in Latin America, latest medical equipment is available.
- Tijuana, located in Baja California attracts large number of foreign patients. According to a statement given by the Secretary of Tourism of Baja (CA) in 2009, around 8 million people traveled to Tijuana for healthcare.
- With Tijuana emerging as a prominent cosmetic care hub, liposuction in Tijuana is a commonly availed procedure.
- Mexico has the third highest number of surgeons affiliated to the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS) after United States and Brazil.
- Considering that Mexican plastic surgeons are such experts in their field, getting a lipo in Mexico can be a prudent decision.
- There are almost no waiting periods involved for such procedures and patients can expect immediate treatment.
- Savings can range from 50% to more as compared to getting liposuction from western nations such as U.K., U.S.A., etc.
Tips for People Considering Lipo in Mexico
- Getting to Mexico is quite easy. There are about 40 official border crossing points between Mexico and United States.
- There are multiple cruising options to Mexico as it is an extremely popular cruise destination. It is also possible to fly directly to Mexico without any plane changes from 30 U.S. destinations.
- U.S. and Canadian citizens entering Mexico by road can go without a passport based on other official documents and proofs of citizenship such as driving license, original birth certificate and more.
- When flying, passports are required. Also beyond the border zone, a tourist permit will be required.
- Liposuction not being a medical specialty, any licensed physician including plastic surgeons and dermatologists can perform it.
- You need to ensure that your surgeon has the requisite practice and expertise before you undergo such plastic surgery in Mexico.
- Just to avail cheap liposuction in Mexico, patients need not compromise on the quality of care.
- Mexico Health has tie-ups with leading hospitals and clinics, pick & drop services, travel assistance, etc. which ensure that your lipo in Mexico is a comfortable experience.
- Last but not the least, Mexico is also a great holiday experience.
- From ancient Maya relics, to resplendent wildlife to extraordinary beaches, Mexico has it all.
- After your liposuction in Mexico, you can enjoy the local cuisine, the famous Tequila and the vibrant local culture of the country.
Quality and low cost liposuction in Mexico is available at your choice of destination with Mexico Health.
Mexico Health facilitates affordable medical treatments at various hospitals under our network in Mexico. For more information and FREE quote, submit the estimate–request form on the right.