Today, many people looking to have corrective eye surgery and laser treatment for cataracts and other eye diseases are considering the option of undergoing Lasik Surgery in Mexico. This is because the Lasik procedures are far more affordable in Mexico, often being available for a fraction of the cost that one would have to pay in the United States or Canada. In addition to the lower costs, patients can also expect finding quality hospitals in Mexico and healthcare services ranging from eye examinations, to laser clinics to ophthalmologists who specialize in Lasik eye correction procedures.
Mexico has become a prime destination for people seeking affordable Lasik surgery. As a result of the growth in the medical tourism industry in the country, people from nearby United States and Canada can seek low cost laser eye surgery in Mexico.
Understanding Lasik Surgery
LASIK is an acronym for a corrective eye surgical procedure called the Laser-Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis. This procedure helps people with cataracts and degenerative eye problems to correct their vision. The Lasik surgery is also useful in correcting the vision of people who use glasses or contact lenses.
Lasik surgery and laser eye treatments have been in existence for several decades now and have further been improved and enhanced. As a result, the risks involved have been minimized.
Why Consider Lasik Surgery in Mexico?
- Ophthalmology in Mexico is thriving and tourists visiting the country for eye treatments will find scores of reliable and reputed hospitals where they can get their cataracts, vision problems and degenerative eye diseases treated.
- For those looking for good hospitals and laser surgery clinics in Mexico, Mexico Health has a network of hospitals that you can visit.
- These hospitals house state of the art medical equipment and implement the latest procedures in the industry. They also employ some of the best Lasik eye surgery doctors in Mexico.
- Many of these hospitals are based in Guadalajara, Tijuana, Cancun, Puerto Vallarta, Monterrey and other major cities of Mexico.
- Some of the laser eye surgeries available in Mexico include corrective procedures like Lasik wave front surgery, CustomVue, cataract removal procedures, laser vision treatments, custom cornea and Lasik eye treatments.
- Many of the surgeons and doctors in the country have studied medicine in the US and/or have practiced there for sometime. They keep themselves up to date about innovations in procedure and new equipment. As a result, one can choose from a number of qualified and successful Lasik surgery doctors in Mexico.
Cost of Lasik Eye Surgery in Mexico
Lasik eye treatments and corrective laser procedures offered at the biggest hospitals in Mexico can be considered affordable for US patients when compared with the prices charged for the same procedures in America.
- Ideally, one should visit Mexico during the off season to get the best travel rates. However, prices can vary depending on the region where you are seeking corrective Lasik eye surgery in Mexico. In the US, the same procedures can cost twice as much!
- In regards to the pricing of laser surgery procedures available in Mexican hospitals and ophthalmic clinics, it depends on several factors. These include the age and health condition of the patient, the nature of the eye disease and the kind of procedure required.
- Price of laser eye surgery in Mexico can even be less than half of what you would normally expect to pay in the US, thus helping you meet your travel expenses easily.
- Take into consideration that these prices can vary depending on whether the treatment is required on one or both eyes and on whether it is monofocal or multifocal.
- Other factors that patients will also have to consider are the post operation care, room charges, hospital fees and medication.
- In most cases, one would be able to acquire premium hospital care, nursing services and treatment at affordable prices in some of the best hospitals in the country.
- Patients facing financial constraints can also opt for healthcare loans to undergo treatment in Mexico.
As per a report called “As Economy Slows, So Do Laser Eye Surgeries” by Barney J Feder published in the New York Times in April 2008, nearly 800,000 Americans underwent this procedure in 2007. However, the numbers dropped owing to the economic slowdown. With a dismal job data and spiraling healthcare costs plaguing the Americans once again, Lasik surgery in Mexico becomes the best option for those looking for options to take care of their eye ailments without burning a hole in the pocket. Post surgery, one can undertake a leisurely trip to marvel at the ancient Mayan remains, the beautiful beaches and numerous archaeological sites such as the lost city of Teotihuacan in Mexico.
Mexico Health facilitates affordable medical treatments at various quality hospitals in Mexico. For more information, please submit the estimate request form on the right.